We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician – Agasha Clinic
- To provide laboratory oversight in AHF site and adherence to standard laboratory protocols in the country program. Involved in training, support supervision, mentorship and team building exercises for other lab staff.
- Directly supervises laboratory technicians and other lab staff in running the Partec CD4, hematology and chemistry machines. Ensures thjob athigh quality of laboratory services is maintained job atall AHF supported healthcare centers within your jurisdiction.
- Participates in planning, overseeing and supervising activities for the laboratory function for the site;
- Performs basic laboratory assays CD4 tests, Heamatology and Chemistry as well as other tests as required;
- Oversees laboratory services provision and ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources;
- Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols, and support other affiliated labs staff -lab technicians, assistants and HIV Medics involved with the lab function;
- Coordinates with all laboratory vendors( outside contractors) job at the site level to ensure thjob atthe process of handling patient samples and delivery of results is efficient and effective;
- Performs quality control checks and maintenance for the Partec CD4 machine in the site lab, and other laboratory tests performed within the labs;
- Participates in the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices job atall affiliated healthcare centers; promoting quality of services based on timeliness in reporting results.
- Participates in training, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff;
- Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under AHF Nigeria for supported site;
- Participate in EQA, proficiency testing activities.
- Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory job atthe Healthcare Centers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- BMLS Medical Laboratory Science; AIMLS.
- A minimum of two years post NYSC experience in a similar position.
- Experience with CD4 , hematology and chemistry systems.
- High analytical skills, quality control and basic knowledge of HIV laboratory monitoring.
- Computer proficiency an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online