We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
- To provide laboratory oversight in AHF site and adherence to standard laboratory protocols in the country program. Involved in training, support supervision, mentorship and team building exercises for other lab staff.
- Directly supervises laboratory technicians and other lab staff in running the Partec CD4, hematology and chemistry machines.
- Ensures thJob Vacancy athigh quality of laboratory services is maintained Job Vacancy atall AHF supported healthcare centers within your jurisdiction.
- Participates in planning, overseeing and supervising activities for the laboratory function for the site;
- Performs basic laboratory assays CD4 tests, Heamatology and Chemistry as well as other tests as required;
- Oversees laboratory services provision and ensures standard, and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources;
- Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols, and support other affiliated labs staff -lab technicians, assistants and HIV Medics involved with the lab function;
- Coordinates with all laboratory vendors( outside contractors) Job Vacancy at the site level to ensure thJob Vacancy atthe process of handling patient samples and delivery of results is efficient and effective;
- Performs quality control checks and maintenance for the Partec CD4 machine in the site lab, and other laboratory tests performed within the labs;
- Participates in the development and replication of the AHF Nigeria laboratory protocols and practices Job Vacancy atall affiliated healthcare centers; promoting quality of services based on timeliness in reporting results.
- Participates in training, mentorship and team building exercises for laboratory staff;
- Participates in inventory control management for laboratory supplies and reagents under AHF Nigeria for supported site;
- Participate in EQA, proficiency testing activities.
- Ensures the compilation of monthly laboratory inventory Job Vacancy atthe Healthcare Centers;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science;
- Experience with CD4 system;
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Duly registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientists’ Council and hold a current annual practicing license.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to travel 30-50% of the time;
- Sensitive to ethics and confidentiality of HIV/AIDS client issues;
- Possess current knowledge of best practices in HIV/AIDS treatment and care;
- Ability to prepare reports, provide team leadership and guidance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online