We are seeking for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below. This position is local position and open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Landscaping Manager
Department: Facilities Management
Summary of Position
- The Landscaping Manager shall ensure and maintain a cleaner and healthier university environment.
- The duties shall include but NOT limited to maintaining equipment and general gardening operations, supervise gardeners, groundkeepers and fumigators in performing everyday landscaping and pest control functions of all parts of the University in line with established policies and procedures.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
- Shall prepare budgets, orders of supplies and keep daily reports.
- Shall ensure adequate waste disposal takes place by keeping the environment clean.
- Shall plan seasonal flowering planting and maintenance schedules.
- Carry out instructions as per requirements of keeping AUN environment presentable Job Vacancy atall times.
- Supervise Gardeners, Ground keepers & Fumigators in performing everyday landscape and pest control functions of all parts of the University.
- Make Schedule of activities and duty rosters for the unit’s workforce as per the annual plan.
- Supervise the activities of the Gardeners, Ground keepers & Fumigators by assigning work to them in the various parts of the university thJob Vacancy atneed routine maintenance and oversee execution of the same.
- Shall inspect the job of the gardeners to ensure that;
- Flowers are kept in good condition
- Grass, Weeds, Shrubs, Bushes and Hedges do not exceed the required level
- Trees and flowers beds are hygienic and sanitized regularly
- Ensure thJob Vacancy atgardeners are familiar with the required care standards and regulations governing the job.
- Supervises the gardeners to ensure thJob Vacancy atthey;
GET EMPLOYED FASTEST: Subscribe To Latest Jobs Free Email Update. Click here to subscribe
- Plant flowers and trees Job Vacancy atapproved areas of the university which would help improve ambience and neatness of the university.
- Water, fertilize, transplant, and prune flowers and plants around the University premises.
- Use fumigation by chemical and bio interventions to control insects, disease, and weeds.
- Put down mulch, such as wood chips or peJob Vacancy atmoss, to control weeds and maintain soil moisture.
- Maintain lawns and grounds by organizing trimming, fertilization, watering, and transplanting activities.
- Use the appropriate tools like hoes, rakes, spades and even power tools to ensure thJob Vacancy atthe University remains neJob Vacancy atand tidy not bushy.
- Oversee maintenance of watering systems as available.
- Maintain and repair their tools and equipment.
- Shall perform any other duty as assigned or delegated by the Unit Head
- Oversee Fumigation Exercise across all properties of AUN
- Oversee the plants in AUN nursery
- Conduct vermiculture, composting and other initiatives which keep AUN ground fertile without use of chemical fertilizer.
- Take initiatives for the reduction of water usage in AUN for landscaping activities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Horticulture with three(3) years’ experience or a National Diploma with Six(6) years’ experience from a reputable institution.
- Should be able to assimilate techniques and concepts of sustainable landscaping, water conservation, soil protection, rehabilitation and irrigation etc
- Functional English oral and written communication skills.
- Functional Hausa communication skills
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Should have IT skills in Microsoft office with inclination in Excel to utilize computer technology to prepare reports, access data and maintain records
- Attention to detail
- Be respectful, demonstrate sound work ethics
- Decision making skills
- Effective English writing, verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple diverse tasks simultaneously.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.