Job Title: Legal Manager
- Undertake legal research and provide advisory legal opinions to relevant Company Departments on a wide range of issues including fiscal and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters, interpretation of Nigerian legislation, contractual obligations etc.
- Provide legal support to Company via analysis of legal risks and possible impact on potential transactions.
- Provide legal and contractual support to the Company’s
- Asset departments/project teams in all matters including in its liaison with co-venturers, as applicable.
- Attend court and liaise with external counsel (and where applicable, CoVs legal representatives) with respect to litigation, arbitration, tax appeals and any other dispute resolution proceedings involving the Company and the pre-litigation phases.
- Serve as Company’s representative during negotiations of various unitisations involving Company
- Prepare and draft agreements / contracts and follow through their implementation.
- Handle routine legal dossiers and occasionally, averagely complex legal dossiers with supervision and participate in negotiations with Company’s partners, contractors and relevant government agencies
- Provide legal support for treasury operations including drafting/review of banking service agreements, performance bonds, guarantees and credit facility agreements.
- ·Provide legal support to the Non- Operated Assets, Gas Assets & Commercial Departments
- Carry out any other tasks or activities assigned
- Defend and promotes the Company’s interests and their affiliates
- Aid decision-making by analysing the legal risks and advocating optimised, appropriate solutions
- Provide the Company and its Departments with legal guidance in transactions with third parties.
- Minimum; Law graduate, Masters degree and additional certification will be an added advantage
- Experience level: 5-10 yers in O&G related sector
- Knowledge of immigration procedures and quota management is a must.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.