The Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/Gte is a Non-profit, Non-Governmental and Charitable Organization whose main focus is the promotion of agriculture and rural development through the training of youths in modern and sustainable farming methods. The Foundation’s programmes are in support of the Federal Government policy and efforts on Agricultural Development and Poverty Alleviation.
The Foundation currently has six Agricultural Training Schools in Nigeria (and plans to have more) located in Osun, Ondo, Kaduna, Kano, Gombe States and the FCT, and over the years offers quality practical training in small and large scale agriculture in four broad technical areas namely: Crop production & Agroforestry, Animal/Livestock Production, Rural Enterprise Development, Agricultural Engineering.
To this end, there are staff vacancies in the above departments for candidates with proven practical farming skills and hands-on experience who fit into the departmental activities mentioned above. Hence we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisor
- Report to and work closely with the Head of School.
- Supervise Trainers and Assistant Trainers in class and field programmes.
- Make inputs and supervise review and development of training curriculum.
- Supervise Attendants, Trainers and Assistant Trainers to ensure all departmental practicals are thoroughly carried out.
- Make inputs in the maintenance of the school and LFN as an organization.
- Make inputs in the coordination of all training activities of the department.
- Make inputs in the preparation and implementation of the departmental budgets.
- Make inputs in planning, designing and supervision of departmental programmes.
- Make inputs and oversee workshops, shortcourses, symposia and seminars.
- B.Sc./ B.Agric. Agronomy/Crop Production, Animal/Livestock Production, Agric. Economics/Extension and Agic. Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years (minimum 5 years for HND) relevant experience.
- Ability to speak the local language where the schools are located will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy is an advantage for the position
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications written in their handwriting accompanied with photocopies of relevant credentials and current detailed Curriculum Vitae (with functional mobile phone numbers and personal e-mail addresses) to the:
Leventis Foundation (Nig) Ltd/Gte,
2 Leventis Close,
Central Business District,
P.O. Box 20351 Garki,