The Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/Gte is a Non-profit, Non-Governmental and Charitable Organization whose main focus is the promotion of agriculture and rural development through the training of youths in modern and sustainable farming methods. The Foundation’s programmes are in support of the Federal Government policy and efforts on Agricultural Development and Poverty Alleviation.
The Foundation currently has six Agricultural Training Schools in Nigeria (and plans to have more) located in Osun, Ondo, Kaduna, Kano, Gombe States and the FCT, and over the years offers quality practical training in small and large scale agriculture in four broad technical areas namely: Crop production & Agroforestry, Animal/Livestock Production, Rural Enterprise Development, Agricultural Engineering.
Job Title: Trainer
- Report to and work closely with the Supervisor.
- Implement LFN training strategies and deliver on its objectives.
- Partake in curriculum review and development.
- Training Students/Trainees both in theory and practical.
- Supervise jobs on training and school farms.
- Partake in the successful implementation of LFN programmes and activities.
- Partake in day-to-day operations of the school.
- Supervision of annual implementation of programme of work and of the department.
- Partake in workshops, short courses, symposia and seminars.
- Make input in planning, designing and supervising the execution of departmental projects in the school.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the annual budget of the department.
- Make input in maintenance of the organization.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of quarterly and annual departmental reports to aid management decision making process.
- B.Sc Agronomy/Crop production, Animal/Livestock production, Agricultural Economics/Extension and Agricultural Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years (minimum of 8 & 10 Years for B.Sc and HND respectively) relevant job experience.
- Ability to speak the local language where the schools are located will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy is an advantage for the position
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications written in their handwriting accompanied with photocopies of relevant credentials and current detailed Curriculum Vitae (with functional mobile phone numbers and personal e-mail addresses) to the:
Leventis Foundation (Nig) Ltd/Gte,
2 Leventis Close,
Central Business District,
P.O. Box 20351 Garki,