We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Line Development Maize Breeder (West Africa/Tropical Lowland)
- The objectives will be achieved by generating and developing a pipeline of yellow maize inbred lines and making hybrid combinations for advancement and release in the tropical lowland environments in western and central Africa.
- This entails assessment of introductions, implementation of crossing plans, selection schemes and establishing the product testing network in target regions of product deployment.
- At least a M.Sc in Plant Breeding, A PhD will be an advantage; Computer literacy
- Ability to work both in a diverse research team and independently is crucial
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a maize breeding programme
- Knowledge of tropical lowland germplasm and product requirements will be an added advantage
- Data analysis and result presentation
- Communication skills are essential.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com