We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Line Development Maize Breeder (West Africa/Tropical Lowland)
- In close consultation with the Seed Co West Africa (SCOWA) business unit and global maize breeding lead, the maize breeder will implement the maize breeding strategy for Tropical Lowland/ West and Central Africa. And also be called upon to support seed production, extension and marketing functions in the SBUs of the SC group across Africa.
- The objectives will be achieved by generating and developing a pipeline of yellow maize inbred lines and making hybrid combinations for advancement and release in the tropical lowland environments in western and central Africa. This entails assessment of introductions, implementation of crossing plans, selection schemes and establishing the product testing network in target regions of product deployment.
- At least a MSc in Plant Breeding, A PhD will be an advantage; Computer literacy
- Ability to work both in a diverse research team and independently is crucial
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a maize breeding programme
- Knowledge of tropical lowland germplasm and product requirements will be an added advantage
- Data analysis and result presentation
- Communication skills are essential.
Application Closing Date
21st October, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and brief profile electronically using their location & position applied for as the subject of the mail to: email@example.com
Note: Kindly use job title and location as mail subject.