We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer, P3 (Funds Management)
Requisition #: 9350
- To lead field logistics operations or provide technical support in HQ, partnering with the key supply chain functions to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Manage Landside Transport Storage and Handling (LTSH) cost planning efforts in the Country Office;
- Review LTSH cost planning, budgeting and funds management requirements and processes and regularly report to Head of Supply Chain;
- Contribute to development of Country Office supply chain network design and planning, specifically focusing on cost planning and management;
- Jointly with the Head of Supply Chain monitor changes in the operational circumstances and delivery demands, analyze and take action, or recommend actions to be taken, to impact LTSH costs and/or funds status;
- Perform, or prompt as appropriate, adjustment actions in LTSH costs planning and budgeting. Provide analytical support and recommendations for operational costs and funds utilization optimization. Advise on required actions necessary to improve Logistic/Supply Chain cost-efficiencies and effectiveness if/when appropriate/ required;
- Ensure appropriate LTSH funds utilization, which includes review, verification and approval of LTSH matrix and validate against project budgets, procurement strategies, contract documentation and optimal transport rates making recommendations for changes as required.
- Perform regular reconciliation of funds and expected Logistics/Supply Chain operational requirements and advise management on the usage of funds minimizing potential shortfalls or surpluses;
- Monitor timely recording of commitments in WINGS, Logistics services payment process; Ensure accurate LTSH funds tracking during project closure and Resource transfer;
- Ensure delivery of regular and ad-hoc costs and funds utilisation reports, analysing operationally relevant trends;
- Develop and enhance the Supply Chain /LTSH costs/funds/expenditure planning and tracking system in the Country Office, in addition to WINGS or other WFP standard systems in place. Ensure appropriate SOPs and internal controls are in place.
- Ensure compliance with WFP Logistics and LTSH management policies, rules, regulations and procedures;
- Ensure the quality of data from WFP supply chain sources for the purposes of audit support and compliance operational performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Contribute to the preparation of project related Supply Chain/Logistics Plans and similar documents, funding proposals and fund status reports;
- Participate in Local Project Review Committee including reviews related to Cooperating Partner Field Level Agreements;
- Prepare cash forecast in line with logistics operational plan to respond promptly to Logistics financial obligations;
- Liaise with other units of the Country Office, Head of Supply Chain and the Country Director to ensure best use of LTSH funds and overall Project funds;
- Maintain close contacts with other Supply Chain players ensuring that LTSH costs and funds utilization trends and management is in line with CO’s Supply Chain strategies and operational solutions;
Other Specific Job Requirements (Functional Capabilities)
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job:Supply Chain Management and Optimization:
- Analyses context of country challenges in order to lead the design and management of supply chain network, to proactively mitigate and/or address dynamic supply chain challenges, to ensure operational optimization.
Planning, Project & Resource Management:
- Demonstrates the ability to design and manage the full lifecycle of project management, including planning, engaging with partners and key stakeholders, budgeting, strategically allocating material and human resources, implementation and reporting.
Information Management & Reporting:
- Ability to proactively identify gaps in information and findings, analyse and evaluate information, develop statistics, and translate into information management products to facilitate decision making and demonstrate performance.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution:
- Demonstrates ability to analyse market trends, designs concepts of operations, negotiates and establishes contracts with WFP partners and service providers, ensures compliance with WFP rules and regulations and effectively executes logistics operations.
Warehouse and Inventory Management:
- Plans, coordinates and manages service providers and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient, and sustainable operating procedures in the face of changing climates and conditions within region of expertise.
Technical Assistance and Coordination:
- Actively establishes and maintains networks, leads coordination and the provision of technical assistance, while demonstrating the ability to represent WFP to a broad spectrum of key stakeholders (e.g. providing services, and working with NDMOs/NDMAs).
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role
- Experience preparing and managing transport and project budgets;
- Operational experience with integrated transport operations;
- Excellent knowledge of software such as Excel;
- Experience in handling financial and accounting policies and procedures;
Application Closing Date
13th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online