At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager Stills & Flavours
Job ID: 38930
Job type: Full Time
- Responsible for Brand P&L (all brands in Portfolio), accountable for delivering UC, NSR, DME and Brand Contribution goals, managing day-to-day, develop and ensure plan execution, implementing corrective/adjustment actions up/downside to maximize monthly operating income.
- Develop and execute marketing and business strategies and integrated programs that maximize profitable, recurring volume growth and increase the long-term value of TCCC brands within the portfolio. Provide Marketing leadership to the Nigerian TCCC system for identifying, creating and prioritizing profitable volume opportunities for the TCCC brand portfolio.
- Nurture an effective working relationship with West Africa Business Unit Strategic Marketing Manager, Stills – working within the strategic portfolio and brand growth framework provided while working collaborative with the Franchise and Nigerian Bottlers; ensuring proper field execution of marketing strategies.
- Lead, motivate and develop capabilities of the Nigerian Flavors & Stills Marketing team (2 people) while also providing coaching and mentoring throughout the West Africa Business Unit Marketing Community..
- Develop & Implement Strategic and Annual Business Plans to deliver Nigerian Flavors & Stills Financial Objectives. (35%)
- Leverage K&I data sources to develop a deep understanding of the business environment, consumer behaviour, and brand performance; establishing a clear point-of-view on the current situation to anticipate potential developments & approaches that maximise short Work collaboratively with BU Central team to understand Global Best Practices & Strategic Frameworks; integrating all marketing efforts (advertising, promotions, experiential, marketing assets…) within a consistent overall Brand Marketing & Executional plan. Define marketing DME spending requirements and proper allocation across the Marketing mix elements to grow Brand Love & drive transactions.
- Actively observe and ensure adherence to quality standards across all initiatives within the business plan. Ensure advertising executions meet agreed success criteria across business unit.
- Lead Bottler commitment to the annual Flavors / Stills Marketing plan covering consumer and operational marketing objectives. (35%)
- Develop with the Bottler, through marketing operations teams, an effective implementation plan for all marketing activities; ensuring that both Price/Pack & PICOS In-Store Execution recommendations are adopted.
- Implement appropriate tracking procedures to ensure proper execution of these activities; Monitor plan execution in consistency with TCCC standards; Ensure seamless consumer marketing information flow within the system (from/to Bottler and within TCCC departments).
- Provide effective People Management & Marketing Community Development. (30%)
- Develop and manage Nigeria Flavors/Stills team (2 people) to support business objectives; providing on-going coaching and feedback to improve their performance & potential within the Marketing & Leadership Competencies. Conduct performance audit against agreed role description & competencies.
- Lead training & development of West Africa Marketing Community through leading “Lunch & Learns”, providing mentorship to junior marketing associates, and other activities; building overall capabilities and performance of the Business Unit.
- Extensive High Level Strategic / Operational Interaction with: Franchise MD, Stills GM, BU Marketing Director, BU Marketing Teams, Franchise Operations Teams, Bottler senior managers
- Nature and Purpose of the Interaction: Develop and align marketing and business strategies and plans to deliver sustainable system profit growth.
- E.g. Responsible in the design of processes and activities, objective setting and follow up, performance evaluations, coaching & feedback, developmental plans, hiring, terminations.
- Direct Reports ( Position Titles, not names): Assistant Brand Managers, Senior Brand Managers
- Supporting Service: Commercial Finance Manager, Operations Marketing Teams, Knowledge and Insights Teams. Asset Teams, Advertising Teams, Media Teams
Related Job Requirements/Qualifications
- Leadership Behaviors: Leader of Others
- Drive Innovation – Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders – Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- Act Like an Owner – Deliver results, holding self & their team accountable for creating business value (TCCC & System)
- Inspire Others – Inspire people to deliver the business vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- Develop Self and Other – Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
- Manage Portfolio Marketing & Commercial Mix
- Track/Analyze K&I Data Sources and Extract Consumer, Shopper, & Business insights
- Develop & Communicate Performance Reports both internally & externally to stakeholders
- Develop Financially rigorous Business Cases; anchored in System Value Chains and End-2-End actions
- Develop & Manage Price/Pack scenarios and OBPPC Shopper solutions
- Develop Annual Business Plans; integrating Communication Strategies & Media/Connection Strategies
- Lead New Brand Development Process – from concept inception to after action reporting
- Build People Management: Use of Tools; Developing Skills through Coaching
- Build Bottler relationships – collaborating on ideas, securing Bottler Integration, and on-going learning
- Manage Internal Stakeholders – BULT, MLT, & FLT – identifying needs & managing accordingly.
- 10 years job experience, at least 5 years marketing in FMCG industry. Some General Business Management skills would be advisable.
- Has worked most of his/her career in a collaborative working situation, in which different viewpoints from a range of stakeholders needed to be taken into account to arrive at a productive solution.
- Business issues (full spectrum) – all brands and categories
- People issues (full spectrum)
- 25% Travel – mostly within Nigeria, occasionally beyond.
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online