ASI’s regional office for West Africa is Abuja, Nigeria. Eighteen ASI Managers, 70 other staff, over 300 Associates and 350 field workers operate in Nigeria where we deliver projects for DFID, UK Home Office, EU and World Bank. The West Africa team has a large project portfolio and it is growing quickly, with two new projects added within the last two months and an interesting pipeline of new opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Master Plan Developer
Tracking Code: 586-112
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Duration: 30 days (pro-rata)
- The Growth & Employment in States (GEMS) program in Nigeria is a partnership between the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) and the Department of International Development (DFID).
- It aims to reduce poverty in Africa’s most populous country by increasing growth, incomes and jobs in selected states. GEMS3 works with private and public stakeholders job atnational, state and local government levels to build and deliver a systemic framework thjob atwill help make it easier to do business in Nigeria, leading to lasting improvements in economic opportunities for the poor, especially women.
- The GEMS3 project addresses issues relating to land, tax and investment.
Scope of Work
- GEMS3 is currently supporting several Nigerian states in an exercise of mass land registration. Processes have been developed in accordance with international standards governing land administration.
- In Kano State systematic land title registration (SLTR) activity is has now concluded in Tarauni LGA resulting in data on both the physical occupation of land and additional ‘social data.’
- This social data is disaggregated by age, sex, education, skills and additional factors such as access to electricity or water job atindividual locations.
- The expectation is to develop a master plan of Tarauni demonstrating the application of data derived from SLTR to implement a master planning strategy thjob atis sensitive to the requirements of both the community and the government.
- The plan will reflect sustainable improvements in land use predicated on job creation and the better use of urban space.
- Wherever possible solutions will reflect directly on the Sustainable Development Goals through, for example, improved access to water, education, skills acquisition and sustainable livelihoods.
- Work alongside the GEMS3 team in Kano building on their expertise and local knowledge to identify opportunities to implement the master plan.
- Collaborate with the local town planning consultant engaged to ensure the master plan aligns with existing building protocols.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure thjob atthe master plan is sensitive to local need.
- Ensure thjob atthe master plan is driven from the findings of the SLTR exercise and associated social data.
- Align the output with the SDGs highlighting significant ‘quick win’ opportunities for replication elsewhere.
- Consider the potential to adopt WB ‘competitive cities’ philosophy as an output of the master plan.
The Kano SLTR Master Plan Developer will be expected to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of master planning strategies in a Nigerian context.
- Quickly assimilate the SLTR concept as a catalyst for economic and social change.
- Have the personal qualities required to engage positively and harmoniously with the SLTR and external stakeholders
- Show a strong level of attention to detail in performing all tasks.
- Deliver work in challenging environments whilst remaining sensitive to cultural and gender considerations
The following attributes are Essential
- Qualification in master planning, architecture or relevant associated professional skills.
- 10 years work experience in a relevant field
- Ability to work to extremely tight schedules and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to abide by instructions from project team leader and project manager.
- Strategic master plan for Tarauni LGA including logical justification for all decisions reached together with supporting graphics to a standard capable of being used in presentations to Government level stakeholders.
- The output must highlight the value of SLTR as a catalyst for change and as a mechanism by which to drive development by both the public and private sector.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Intereste and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online