We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Reports To: Program Manager
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, the MEAL Officer will be responsible for all MEAL related activities including, but not limited to: monitoring progress on project indicators, elaboration of M&E tools, conducting needs/market/post activity assessments, beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting Job Vacancy atproject mid-point, development and implementation of accountability mechanism as well as compilation of monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports.
- The MEAL officer will be based in Maiduguri with frequent trips to the project area and will report to the PM, but will also work closely with the CRS Borno State MEAL Coordinator for technical support.
- With technical assistance from the Borno MEAL Coordinator and the MEAL RTA, conduct a SMILER workshop Job Vacancy atthe project start
- Track the project performances vs. project indicators
- Create and manage databases to ensure the traceability of the project beneficiaries and assistance provided
- Conduct a household level baseline study Job Vacancy atthe start of the project
- Regularly conduct on site monitoring and post distribution surveys
- Carryout market assessments for new project sites
- Regularly collect and analyze market price data.
- Review, clean and analyze all project data, including but not limited to: beneficiary registration, baseline study, onsite monitoring, post activity monitoring, price data, final evaluation.
- Ensure thJob Vacancy atthe project mid-term evaluation and project’s Real Time Evaluation are conducted in a timely manner and as per donor’s regulations.
- Ensure the project final evaluation is timely conducted.
- Elaborate, review, and test all M&E tools.
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions throughout the project including for the registration of beneficiaries, the registration of traders/vendors, the monitoring of the project activities, the post distribution household surveys, the post distribution market surveys, the baseline study, and the mid-term and final evaluations.
- Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management.
- Ensure a timely submission of the baseline study report, post distribution monitoring reports, market monitoring reports, feedbacks and complaints management reports, and evaluations reports.
- Support the development and testing of electronic data entry questionnaires using the iFormBuilder (or other software as needed) during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical package.
- Train enumerators and daily workers on data collection tools and on the utilization of iPads and/or android devices.
- Supervise data collection exercises.
- In coordination with the Database Officer, maintain the project’s stock of IT equipment (including vendor phones, program phones, solar panels, Bluetooth printers, etc.).
- Collect and share lessons learned, best practices, success stories and innovations stemming from program implementation.
- Formulate and share clear recommendations for improved programming implementation.
- Compile yearly beneficiary data.
Key Working Relationships
- Other Emergency MEALOfficers, MEAL Director, Emergency Program Officers, Database Manager, Database Assistance, Operations Staff
- Local partners, Red Rose team, enumerators, external consultants and other key stakeholders
- Travel up to 20% of the time as needed.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves With Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree or Engineering Degree in Information and Technology Management, Statistics or any other relevant equivalent degree
- At least 3 years full time experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably with an international NGO.
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in MEAL.
- Demonstrated experience in database management
- Demonstrated appropriateness of quantitative statistical management programs including ACCESS, SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA and EXCEL
- High degree of competency and comfort with information and communication technology used for MEAL
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Demonstrable experience working with Information and Communication Technologies (software and hardware)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form using the link below and send with a detailed 3-page Resume in a single file MS Word document to: NG-HR@global.crs.org
Click here to download the Application Form