JDF is about to start the implementation of an integrated community case management of malaria, pneumonia and diarrhea (iCCM) in partnership with Christian Aid and funding from DFID/UKAid subject to signing of contract agreement. In view of this, the organization is requesting applications from only qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management Officer
- The role will be responsible to develop, promote effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, centered on impact and outcomes; create conditions so thjob atlearning is fed into programme decision-making across the 2 LGAs.
- Use participatory approaches to monitoring and evaluation for effective project implementation and results. Encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning needs using Monitoring and Evaluation findings.
- The role will develop and strengthen Monitoring and Evaluation systems to allow for effective, accurate reporting for decision making and project implementation, encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning needs using Monitoring and Evaluation findings, communicate project successes and learning through traditional and innovative approaches.
- Degree, preferably in Statistics or the Social Sciences.
- At least 3 years NGO experience and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation with good knowledge of public health management challenges in Nigeria, particularly in the areas of research, implementation, project management and community development programmes, as well as health policy.
- Experience of monitoring, evaluation, research and Learning and project/programme-cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning.
- Understanding of reporting requirements of institutional donors such as DFID, Global Fund, EU and USAID.
- Hands-on experience supporting community based development programmes. Experience of building the M&E skills and capacity of others
- Knowledge and experience using statistical software such as SPSS, Epi-info; STATA) and handheld digital data collection platform e.g KoBo collect.
- Ability to use data management and information systems such as DHIS and digital data platforms for real time data entry, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to produce quality reports, case studies and health advocacy briefs from analysis conducted on data sets and gathered qualitative information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively represent organization job atstate and local levels
- Ability to incorporate gender analysis and inclusion and community health work.
- Familiarity with DFID/UKAid funding and reporting requirements
- Experience working with government institutions and agencies in Nigeria
- Ability to produce case studies and advocacy briefs from analysis conducted on data sets and gathered qualitative information.
- Local language knowledge a plus.
- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and work well in a team.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letters and CV’s to: email@example.com stating the position as subject of the mail.