Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Motor & Generator Mechanic
Contract period: 12month
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Perform according to the work and development plan
- Mechanical and preventive & curative maintenance of Motor Vehicles, Motor bikes and Generators.
- Supervise and responsible for NRC Mechanical workshop
- Carrying out a detailed inspection per vehicles, Motorbikes, generators, and identify as much as possible all faults, dents and defects on it.
- Raise a vehicle check form and Maintenance Request Form for all such identified faults/dents with precise information on work to be done.
- Ensuring timely and efficient service /maintenance work is carried out on all vehicles.
- Identify the possible causes of such defects/faults and coming up with reduction measures that can be observed by the concerned users.
- Refer all major jobs to commercial vendors through the supervisor while ensuring that follow up measures are employed so that such service is done accurately and as per job card/check form and OPO (Official Purchase orders)
- Upon receiving vehicles from commercial vendors, ensure thorough inspections are done to such vehicles and confirm through a Goods Received Note that work is done properly and as per request.
- Ensuring that old spares replaced are returned to the workshop that is as a control measure while ensuring that such spares are properly accounted for through a neat booking system.
- Assisting the Logistics Manager in identifying any unreported accident/incidents by making inspections to all vehicles.
- Carry out spot checks to make sure the auxiliary equipment/accessories (e.g. spare tyre(s), tool kit, first aid kit) assigned to each vehicle are present and in good condition. Advise when replacements need to be done.
- Vehicle maintenance schedules are adhered to and any irregularities or defects, including minor ones, are reported promptly to your supervisor following up to ensure corrective action is promptly taken.
- All accidents and traffic violations are reported promptly and in detail, both verbally and in writing, to the Logistics Manager.
- An accurate account of vehicle movement is recorded in vehicle log sheet.
- All licenses relating to the vehicle are up to date and clearly displayed.
- Experience from working as service support staff in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Qualified Motor Mechanic
- SSCE of WASSCE or NECO Educational Qualification is required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Fluency in English
- At least 5 years of experience working as a Motor Mechanic for a reputable organisation
- Mechanical Knowledge of generators
- Knowledge of preventive and maintenance measures for vehicles
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure
- Knowledge of the Vehicle and Traffic regulations in Nigeria
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their Application letter and updated CV’s to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org The title of the position (Motor Vehicle & Generator Mechanic – Abuja) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
Candidates can also submit their applications and CV’s in a sealed envelope with the position clearly written on the envelope job at the NRC office in Abuja job at:
Plot 69 First Avenue,
Gwarimpa Opp Margaret Ekpo Close,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.