We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Graduate Volunteer
Reference Number: JOB0096754
Locations: Kwara, Jigawa
Job Type: Voluntary services
- Teach specific subjects to Senior Secondary School students in rural communities public schools, with particular emphasis Science, Mathematics and English Language.
- The role mainly involves the application of student centred methodology in delivery of lessons, as well as the development and application of core 21st century skills such as communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity.
- The candidate will also work as Team Lead for and with other VSO NYSC Volunteers in implementing of VSO School Based Projects and Enterprises.
- Ability to thinking clearly, deeply and broadly. Actively pursue innovation & change.
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity.
- Strong skills for relating and working with children of senior secondary school age.
- Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision.
- Familiar with current education sector programming.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audiences to inform, motivate and inspire.
- Ability to give feed back through social media, emails, etc.
- Ability to speak Yoruba and have experience living and working in South West, Nigeria.
- Allowance and accommodation All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency.
- The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
- VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online