We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nigeria Statutory Leader
Job Number: 2747845
Business: GE Global Operations
Business Segment: Global Operations Finance
- This role will work directly with the regional SSA Statutory & Controllership teams to prepare and file the statutory financial statements to support the annual tax returns filed with the local authorities following the rigorous project planning, execution & debrief process.
- Your Scope will mainly focus on Nigeria.
- Obtain, interpret and provide country requirements relating to statutory accounting and reporting to business finance managers.
- Hold planning meetings with the statutory auditors to agree on the audit approach, fees, schedule audit calendar and the prepared by client list.
- Hold planning meetings with the internal process stakeholders (business finance managers/controllers & tax directors/controllers) to agree on the audit requirements and key hand over dates.
- Compile and communicate the statutory and tax required documentation & information thjob atis required to support the local statutory & tax filing to all the process stakeholders.
- Review & sign-off on required documentation & information provided by business finance teams.
- Perform US GAAP to local GAAP (G2S) reconciliation for all business management entities reported under the legal entity in the Statutory and Tax Information Reporting tool (STIR).
- Report out the G2S findings to the Statutory Controllership Leader, Business Finance Managers, Business Tax Controllers and Business Controllers.
- Prepare the entity level and management entity financial statements in compliance with the local reporting requirements.
- Manage statutory audit field work and monitor the execution in accordance with the agreed audit calendar.
- File the Statutory financial statements in accordance with the local requirements
- Attend operational pulsing meetings throughout the entire process to update all the process stakeholders on milestones achieved, challenges and next steps.
- Perform the annual reconciliations between the VAT and statutory sales for the legal entity & management entities and identify the corrective actions.
- Hold de-brief meetings with all the statutory & tax process stakeholders and identify process improvement areas as well as any corrective actions for future filing periods.
- Ownership of e-Compliance obligations for the entities and responsibility for ensuring eCompliance is accurate and up-to-date
- B.Sc degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited university
- Qualified chartered accountant.
- 4-6 years of experience with Stjob atto GAAP, Statutory/Tax filings, analyzing data preferably job atBig4 or job atcompanies using long term contracts.
- Excellent knowledge of country requirements relating to statutory accounting and reporting & extensive experience in reporting under Local GAAP.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP requirements & excellent Knowledge of IFRS.
- Ability to identify areas which are subject to G2S differences and apply them on a US GAAP Trial Balance and documents supporting the preparation of the Statutory Trial Balance under the local jurisdiction
- Comprehensive understanding on the local documentation requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – report out the key achievements, challenges and next steps on a weekly basis to the regional leadership team
- Self-starter with a commitment to meet deadlines – strong engagement to perform activities identified in the project plan and lead to completion on time and meet the Key Milestone deadlines of the project
- Strong attention to details, experience with data analytics
- Identify risk areas which can impact the timely and accurate completion of the key milestones and use the appropriate communication channels provided by the project framework to escalate issues
- Escalate issues on a timely manner using the Stjob atand Tax Compliance tracker
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Demonstrated team player with collaborative and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create operational guidelines and metrics to facilitate strong process performance.
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online