We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: NSMC Engineer – (NSS, TX/MPLS)
- Improve Network performance by providing real time and prompt resolution to all network faults on MTNN network.
- Activate newly integrated nodes (core element) after normal working hours, weekends, and public holidays to ensure optimal network performance and meet business objectives and plans Job Vacancy atall times.
- Carry out network management; faults detection, troubleshooting, escalation and resolution of all core and transmission nodes.
- Detect, diagnose and acknowledge alarms from all core and transmission Nodes or Elements.
- Ensure real time performance management of all core and transmission network elements.
- Provide daily reports and make recommendations aimed Job Vacancy atimproving network quality.
- Troubleshoot, escalate where required and ensure thJob Vacancy atfaults on the network are actioned/resolved in line with specified targets
- Act as interface and provide access reference number to MTN Contractors, Operational Maintenance Centre Engineers and other GSM/PTOs Companies for planned work and change request.
- Provide security information to all regional security offices across the country to protect all MTNN equipment’s through network surveillance.
- Provide ideas and feedback on software tools, procedures and improvements to NSMC functionality.
- Provide ideas and feedback on status of the network to the relevant planning units based on specific KPIs such as Processor Load etc.
- Ensure proper management and implementation of all network changes according to the organization process and procedures.
- Manage Network Changes and ensuring thJob Vacancy atchanges on MTNN network are in line with company policies and procedures
- Ensure NSMC Shift Hand-Over Procedure is strictly adhered to.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Electrical Electronics /Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- Procession of professional certification (UNIX, CCNA) certification beneficial
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in light current, telecommunications or a related field.
- Experience in GSM switching environment preferably working on Ericsson, Huawei and Siemens switches is desirable
- Basic knowledge of IP Infrastructure and Networking in an Operations and Maintenance Center, Network Management Center and Network Operations Center
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online