We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: NSMC Engineer, NSS/VAS
- To provide specialist advice for the resolution of network related faults emanating from subscribers and the Network Management Center.
- Extract value from whJob Vacancy atwe already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Source information on technical network related faults
- Liaise with the Friendship Centers, Dealers and Sales Outlets across the country to gather information on network related faults.
- Escalate complex problems to appropriate quarters where necessary.
- Coordinate resolution of network fault reports from the Advanced Help Desk (AHD)
- Interpret technical faults for Switching Systems, Base Station Systems, Transmission and Value Added Systems.
- Attempt first line resolution of all faults related to the HLR.
- Escalate other faults to appropriate quarters and follow up to ensure timely and proper resolution.
- Anticipate and manage change control process.
- Understand and correlate network activity to user impact on planned events.
- Anticipate network related complaints from subscribers; inform all required parties of expected problems and develop plan for speedy rectification.
- Manage MTN product lifecycle from an NMC perspective, ensuring proper awareness, functional description, training, acceptance and operation of new products.
- Prepare and produce periodic reports to NWG Management on network failures, network faults incidences and resolution.
- Compile and distribute reports/information on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to NWG Management and other departments in MTN Nigeria.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- On standby throughout the year
Experience & Training
- Computer science or any related engineering discipline
- Fluent in English
- Experience and comprehension of Telecommunications management network philosophy and practice.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in ICT environment, preferably in a telecommunications company.
- Experience working with UNIX, Solaris and Oracle
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online