WFP is seeking individuals with experience working in culturally sensitive, remote, and complex environments, to fill the position below Job Vacancy atthe P3 level, based in Abuja, Nigeria:
Job Title: OIM & Performance Reporting Officer
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Country Director, the OIM & Performance Reporting Officer will lead, oversee and coordinate all Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) activities contributing to the establishment and presentation of standard and consistent operating picture of WFP operations and associated results thJob Vacancy atfacilitate informed and timely decision-making Job Vacancy atall levels throughout the organisation.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools thJob Vacancy atsupport effective OIM, performance reporting and inter-agency information management in line with WFP and UN policies and practices
- Provide technical advice, governance and oversight to a Regional Bureaux and/or Country Office on the integration of OIM & PR policies and guidance into established systems to drive the quality, consistency, standardisation of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
- Oversee and approve the information collated from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximise the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events thJob Vacancy atmay have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Oversee and approve the collation, drafting and dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
- Oversee and approve the collation of analysis communication the ‘Essential Elements of Information’, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used Job Vacancy atcountry, regional and corporate level.
- Support the design and implementation of the SPR Intelligent Next Generation system (SPRING), leading the preparation of Standard Project Reports (SPRs) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation and logistics functions to coordinate to ensure coherence and quality of information.
- Collaborate with counterparts in other UN agencies to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
- Collaborate with counterparts in WFP Divisions, supporting performance of activities and ensuring an aligned and consistent approach to information management, analysis and performance reporting.
- Enhance the capacity of WFP staff, partners and governments to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting through conduct of disaster management simulations and provision of the relevant OIM & PR training.
- Manage a small team or sub-team of OIM staff, providing coaching and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance. Monitor and provide advice on actions related to project closure and resource transfer.
- Participate as task force/working group member to define Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
- Contribute to the development of OIM & PR related normative guidance as required. Support initiatives for developing improved, streamlined and harmonised OIM & PR.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and assurance of defined quality standards in all processes and products.
- Support the CO in emergencies by overseeing the preparation, organisation and support for Operational Task Forces (OTFs) and ensuring accurate reporting and dissemination of decision making to COs, RBs and HQ.
- Other as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Advanced University (Master’s) degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Five (5) years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Sound theoretical understanding of OIM concepts and principals with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse and interpret information and draw out the key messages.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate insights to stakeholders in WFP. Ability to lead, motivate and develop small teams of junior staff.
- Knowledge of common business principals and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year and eligible for the Rest and Recuperation (R&R) scheme.
- He/she will be required to travel abroad sometime to remote and difficult locations.
- WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan, and medical insurance. For more details please visit: icsc.un.org
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
- Qualified African national and female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
- This project is located in an environment thJob Vacancy atrequires extreme sensitivity and all candidates should carefully consider their application.