Job Title: Operation Manager
Job Reference: 1137
Location: Port Harcourt
- Responsible for the overall management and technical operations of the fleet. This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking.
Vessel Maintenance and Repairs (PMS Management):
- Ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational or otherwise managed accordingly to the management agreement requirement.
- Acts as the first point-of-contact and interface on all technical matters.
- Ensures thjob atall vessels are optimally operational and fit for service.
- Attends to and supervises vessels and crew for port turnaround activities and shipyard repairs
- Ensure crew on-board completes ‘day-to-day’ planned maintenance system (PMS) programmes and M&R activities (mainly preventive) of vessels to maintain the proper operational status of vessels and to enforce zero downtime.
- Through close cooperation with the Operations Manager; ensures thjob atall reported deficiencies, non-conformities are cleared to prevent delay
- Identify potential causes of defects, investigate and analyse reported defects, taking corrective & preventive actions in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Co-ordinates and ensures non routine maintenance are carried out within agreed timeframe.
- Prepare Vessel Technical Budget and ensure compliance with budget.
- Estimates and plans budgets for fleet maintenance in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Critical equipment/spares management.
Vessel Monitoring and Report Analysis:
- Monitors and analyses the technical status of assigned vessels and using information therefrom prepares a biweekly executive summary for the Operations Manager.
- Ensures thjob atall maintenance and repairs tasks comply with Company’s and client Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Policies and Procedures.
- Cooperates with regulatory bodies to ensure thjob atrequirements for alterations, repair, or modifications are done job atthe most cost effective and safest manner.
- Plans dry-dock scope and duration with minimal disruption to vessel operating schedule.
- Source for cost effective and qualified dry-dock vendor.
- Ensures dockyard, ship builder and other parties involved in the dry-dock collectively and individually endorse the planned dry-dock duration schedule.
- Ensures critical parts needed for the dry-dock are in the company warehouse or with the dry-dock vendor prior to commencement of the dry-docking exercise.
- Carries out and supervises the dry-docking of vessels.
Vendor Technical Relations:
- Evaluates all spare parts requisitions received from vessels and monitor the efficient and timely supply of all spares required for the proper maintenance and safe operation of the vessels.
- Handle warranty claims for vessels where applicable
Charter Technical Audits:
- Supervises all technical Charter audits
- Acts as interface on all contractual, marine and nautical matters, and pro-actively develops Client relations.
- The most suitable candidate would have worked with one of the leading international players in the marine logistics sector of the Nigerian oil and gas industry job atsome point and thus possesses deep knowledge of the type of vessels operating in the sector, their class standards, as well as vessel maintenance and repair best practices.
- Higher education with Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architectur.
- Internationally recognized shipping qualification
- Minimum of 7 years’ cognate technical operations role experience in the marine sector
- At least 2 years’ previous experience as a Technical Superintendent, or in a Senior Engineering/ NavalArchitecture position in the Marine Industry is preferred
- Candidates who have previously sailed job atsea as Chief Engineer have an equal chance.
- Knowledge of related responsibilities documents and procedures, such as HSEQ, IMS Systems, OVI inspections, SOLAS-IMO, internal audits and vessel trails
- Knowledge of Client related inspections and operational Internal audits of Vessels and Barges
- Vessel trials including DP1-2 trials
- PMS–Planned maintenance system
- Thorough understanding of the ISM Code
- Thorough understanding of Diesel Electric propulsion systems
- Knowledge of Ship building and ship docking–drawings/work scopes
- Knowledge of Class Certification
- Proven ability to create best practice technical procedures
- Proven Budget Management skills
- Proven Contract Management skills
- Proven Performance and career management skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online