As a result of business expansion, the position below is available for suitable qualified candidates:
Job Title: OSP Design Supervisor
- Conduct Site surveys for study and planning of new FTTH deployment.
- Prepare Low Level Design of Civil and Fiber Infrastructure for Optical Distribution Network (ODN) deployment to cover future demands.
- FTTH Optical Distribution Network (ODN) planning, Cost estimation, Route Selection, fiber Management and Fiber Link Power Budgeting.
- Prepare detailed FTTH design drawings including duct layouts and cabling layouts.
- Preparation of BoM for FTTH OSP projects.
- Preparation of High Level project scope description.
- Preparation of fiber cabling plan and splice plans for FTTH projects
- Review of as-built drawings with FTTH roll-out team to ensure conformity with original design.
- Planning and site selection of Central Offices (CO)
- Design of Central Offices’ civil and fiber infrastructure.
- Project Related Activities
- Pre-project discussions and co-ordination with FTTH roll-out team and OSP vendors.
- Joint site walk-throughs with OSP Supervisor and contractor after kickoff meetings.
- Conduct joint surveys with project team to resolve variation and change in scope issues.
- Revise designs and BOMs and send in the documents for variation or scope change approval.
- Minimum requirements is HND in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering/Computer Science, Information Systems.
- However, field experience for Non- science or engineering backgrounds can be considered.
Skills Knowledge Personal Attributes:
- Experience using CAD (Autocad, Visio) and Microsoft office software
- Excellent communication skill
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Prioritizing work
- Generating & maintaining accurate records Outside Plant Fibre experience – site surveys, fibre laying, splicing, termination, troubleshooting.
- Ability to use fibre tools e.g optical power metre, light source and OTDR.
- General Networking
- Fibre Optic Technology
- FTTH Network Architecture Analytical ability
- Creativity & Flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure
- Honesty & Integrity
- Experimental inclination
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview as soon as possible.