Job Title: OVC Nutrition and Referral System Advisor
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Position type: Full time
Report: Chief of Party
Terms of Reference
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party the incumbent carries out the following duties:
- Focus on strengthening existing case management system of the project to ensure quality services its conformity with GON and PEPFAR guidelines for nutrition services.
- Linkage to treatment facilities and effective bi-directional referral systems including coordination of escort services and follow up job at facility and community levels.
- He/she will address key aspects of projects implementation strategy related to OVC nutrition, processing of reactive OVC/Caregivers, response to critically ill OVC and relevant capacity building towards sustainability job at State, LGA, CSO and community levels.
- The OVC Nutrition and Referral System Advisor will work closely with the GHPA, SMEA and TPPS to support the CSO partners.
- Responsible for identifying and addressing gaps in bilateral referral system
- Function as main contact with 4Children in respect of linkage to services and bi-directional referral services
- Provision of technical guidance on IYCF and Food demonstration to CSO partners, OVCA’s Community primary referral facility providers and care givers, particularly of reactive OVC on treatment.
- Co-ordinates the documentation and reporting to DME of results and lessons learned in the subject areas, particularly the bi-directional referral system using the principles of data driven programming
- Design realistic innovative interventions for ensuring successful sustainable referral cycles including application of technology and basic communication tools.
- Coordinate and document community to facility and facility to community activities
- Coordinate related quality improvement efforts job at State, LGA, CSO and community levels
- Participate in IPs’ coordination meetings and the meetings of the state/LGA referral TWG.
- Work with GHP to strengthen community GBV response referral systems and Child protection processes.
- Provide hands on and institutional level capacity building to CSOs CVs and COIT members on nutrition and referral linkages
- Advanced degree in Health Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with reputable organisations on Infant and child nutrition and referral services
- Advanced knowledge of current Nigeria’s HIV Response, HIV prevention and treatment adherence principles, particularly for children
- Knowledge of GON and PEPEAR current OVC guidelines and ability to address the guidelines using the project’s strategy.
- Must understand the principles of 90-90-90 towards zero HIV transmission and contribution of Community OVC programs to this goal.
- Experience working closely with other IPs and government personnel job at several levels.
- Practical experience in IYCF and Food Demonstration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in any of the local languages in Cross River and Ebonyi Stales will be of advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel to rural communities in difficult terrains with challenging roads
- Ability to respond to guidance and achieve results responsibly with limited direct supervision.
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in only one attachment (MS word document) and indicate the title of the post applied for as the subject of the mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and HIFASS will not cover any cost for invited shortlisted candidates