1 PhD position is available Vacancy at Department of Chemistry/Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology, University of Oslo, Norway. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
Applicants must hold a Master’s of Science degree in Chemistry or Material Science.
Course Level: Fellowship is provided for pursuing the PhD programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Catalysis Vacancy at University of Oslo in Norway.
Scholarship Award: Position code 1017, Salary: NOK 432 700 – 489 300 per year, ( pay grade 50 – 57) depending on qualifications and seniority.
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: The position will focus on: Synthesis of Metal Organic Framework (MOF) compounds and related materials based on organic and metal organic building blocks.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s of Science degree in Chemistry or Material Science.
- The candidate must document experience in the synthesis and characterization of solid porous materials such as Metal Organic Framework compounds (MOFs) and related materials.
- Experience in synthesis of organic and metal organic porous materials is required.
- Competence in structure modeling for prediction of new materials will be regarded as an advantage.
- Catalyst characterization will be carried out with several relevant techniques, in particular microscopy (scanning and transmission modes), X-ray diffraction, X-ray absorption spectroscopy, Raman, FT-IR, and UV-Vis spectroscopy, and expertise within one of these fields is required.
- A good insight into basic characterization methods such as diffraction, surface area measurements, acidity characterization is considered highly beneficial.
- It is imperative thVacancy at candidate is highly self-driven and able to take responsibility for his/her own work, including troubleshooting and acquiring additional skills required to reach the project goals.
- He/she must master the English language at a high level and possess good interpersonal and communication skills. Mastering a Scandinavian language will be considered an advantage.
- Candidates without a Master’s degree have until 31st December 2016 to complete the final exam.
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a Master’s of Science degree in Chemistry or Material Science.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- Applicants to the programme for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- Documentation of English proficiency
- List of publications and academic work thVacancy at applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 18 October 2016.