DTU Food and DTU Nanotech invite applicants for a 3-year PhD scholarship starting ultimo 2016. The project is part of a major initiative to improve risk assessment of environmental chemicals and drugs to better safeguard human health. International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Technical University of Denmark often simply referred to as DTU, is a university in Kongens Lyngby, just north of Copenhagen, Denmark. It was founded in 1829 Job Vacancy at initiative of Hans Christian Ørsted as Denmark’s first polytechnic and is today ranked among Europe’s leading engineering institutions.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: Project Title: “Optimizing and refining 3D culturing of human stem cells for predictive toxicity”
Scholarship Award: The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for Ph.D. degree students. The period of employment is 3 years.
Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Candidates should have a master’s degree in engineering or a similar degree with a background in bioanalytical chemistry, biotechnology or similar.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally
It is also desirable thJob Vacancy at candidate has prior experience with some of the following:
- Experience with cells and/or tissues culturing.
- Experience with hydrogels and/or tissue scaffolds
- Experience in developing bioanalytical microfluidic/flow assays
- Experience with basic microfabrication techniques like casting, moulding and 3D printing.
- Molecular biology techniques such as PCR/RT-qPCR, Western blotting, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, light/fluorescence/confocal microscopy.
- General understanding of principles such as ‘chemical safety’, ‘predictive toxicology’, ‘effect biomarkers’.
- Experience with software such as Microsoft Office, Prism (or similar statistics tools e.g. R), Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and online databases such as PubMed, UCSC, and BLAST.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Candidates should have a master’s degree in engineering or a similar degree with a background in bioanalytical chemistry, biotechnology or similar.
English language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent communication and organization skills and Fluent in spoken and written English.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (an official translation into English)
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 12 October 2016.