The PHRi Certification is a HRCI certification that demonstrates candidates mastery of the generally accepted technical and operational human resources principles independent of geographic region. The professional in human resources international (PHRi) certification is a human resources certification administered by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) with headquartered in America.
The credential acknowledges that the human resources professional has the latest relevant skills, know-how, techniques and dexterity to efficiently perform anywhere globally. It’s a world wide competency-based HR certification that is designed to validate professional-level core human resources knowledge and skills of the holder. PHRi Certification demonstrates the mastery of HR global generally accepted technicalities and also complements local human resources practices.
The PHRi Certificate
As stated earlier, the certificate validates the competency level of a HR professional. Though PHRi certification is the second in HRCi certification rank, it distinguishes the holder from other non certified persons and confers high credibility and knowledge superiority on the individual. It is an enviable title or credential that stands you out in the job market.
PHRi Exam Questions
Because this exam validate professionalism just like PMP certification and Business analyst certification, it is relatively difficult to pass. Therefore, there is need to study with PHRi practice exam and attend prep classes to pass easily at one try.
The PHRi Exam is a computer-based testing (CBT) and paper-based Testing (PBT), to be completed in 3 hours and 15 minutes. PHRi exam questions contains 145 multiple-choice questions + 25 pretest questions that can be taken from any part of the world online.
The PHRi Course Content
Bellow is information about the PHRi certification exam content in relation to exam questions concentration by topic or funtional areas.
- Talent Acquisition (19%)
- HR Administration and Shared Services (19%)
- Talent Management and Development (19%)
- Compensation, Benefits, and Work Experience (17%)
- Employee Relations and Risk Management (16%)
- HR Information Management (10%)
To be qualified for the PHRi certification exam, you must meet one of the following conditions for education and relevant experience:
- Possess at least one year of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent
- 2. Possess at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma or global equivalent.
- Have at least two years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent
PHRi Certification Cost
The cost for this certification is $395 plus an application fee of $100. But HRCi makes it possible for low income countries to get certified at lower cost. Their policy on this states in part “To make certification more accessible worldwide, HRCI offers a global allowance for the PHRi/SPHRi exam which provides the exam at a reduced fee. Applicants who live in low-income, lower middle-income,” Therefore, you could get the certification at a reduced fee of $200 or $300 depending on your location.
9 Essential Benefits of PHRi Certification
There are numerous benefits to be enjoyed as a PHRi certifified professional
- Stands you out in the job market
- Grant you potential increase in pay
- Confers global recognition on you as a HR professional
- Help you bring fresh ideas to your organization
- Boosts your confidence
- Highlights your commitment to career growth
- Spotlight your superior knowledge
- Enable you protect your organization by ensuring regulatory compliance
- Leads to quick promotion in your organization
PHRi certification is a winner for HR professionals who wants to build their career and get ahead in their field. Though the financial burden could be much for people in certain location, but what is worthy of note is that the benefits that comes with it far out weighs the cost.
To pass on first try, you register with a certified center for prep classes and intense training before the you take the certification exam
Your PHRi certification is valid for a period of 3 years after the exam. To maintain your certification, you must earn 60 recertification credits over the three-year time span or retake the exam.
Recertification fees are as follows: Recertification of 1 certification is $160,
each additional certification is $50 USD and suspended fee is $100.
Other HRCI certifications aside PHRi are aPHRi, SPHRi and GPHR.