Central Queensland University is offering International Postgraduate Research Award Scholarship in Australia. The eligible students must be commencing full-time enrolment in a research higher degree program with CQUniversity in 2017.
The purpose of the CQUniversity International Postgraduate Research Award (IPRA) is to attract top quality international postgraduate candidates to areas of research strength in the Australian higher education sector and to support Australia’s research effort.
Central Queensland University (alternatively known as CQUniversity) is an Australian dual sector university based in Queensland. Its main campus is in North Rockhampton, Queensland.
English is the language of instruction and assessment across CQUniversity. Applicants are required to meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements for entry to programs.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing research higher degree program programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: IPRA awards provide
- Program tuition fees, as determined by the University, for each term of the research higher degree program for up to six terms for research doctorate candidates and up to four terms for research masters candidates.
- The cost of standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing and which covers the candidate and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the period of the IPRA.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The successful applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a citizen of any overseas country apart from New Zealand;
- Must not be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia;
- Must not be eligible for study under the Research Training Scheme.
- Must be commencing full-time enrolment in a research higher degree program with CQUniversity in 2017;
- Must meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (IMMI);
- Must not hold a research qualification equivalent to an Australian research doctorate degree or, if undertaking a research masters degree, not hold a research qualification equivalent to or higher than an Australian research masters degree;
- Must be commencing full-time enrolment for the first time in a research higher degree at a Top Australian university, unless a prior enrolment was cancelled within six months of commencement;
- Will not have held an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within two years prior to commencement of the IPRA;
- Must not be receiving a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution;satisfy all academic entry requirements for research masters or a research doctorate program. This includes English proficiency levels for international candidates as outlined by CQUniversity.
Nationality: International students can apply for International Postgraduate Research Award Scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: To apply for entry to a postgraduate program, the student must have successfully completed the equivalent of an Australian undergraduate degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: English is the language of instruction and assessment across CQUniversity. Applicants are required to meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements for entry to programs.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic): 6.5 (with no individual band score less than 6.0).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL Internet-Based): Overall score of 79 with no score less than 21.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): Overall score of 58 with no score less than 50.
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): Overall test score of 176 (with no individual band score of less than 169).
How to Apply: CQUniversity has now implemented an online RHD Scholarship Application form.
Application Deadline: The closing date for application is 31 October 2016.