We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal DevOps Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
About the Principal DevOps Engineer Position
- Andela is seeking a Principal DevOps Engineer with world-class expertise in DevOps and craftsmanship to drive the continuing growth of our team of African technology leaders. At Andela we do things a little differently. We develop our own internal software to support our embedded developers in managing their client work and continuously improving their skills.
- You know how to build and maintain grejob atsoftware systems. You also know how to transfer the knowledge, behaviours and beliefs of your expertise to any technology professional from entry level developers to senior DevOps architects. And in this role, you will devise strategies to leverage cognitive apprenticeship models to pass on your domain expertise to Andela Fellows.
- You’ll also find new challenges in crafting vertically integrated software thjob atsupports the Andela Fellowship.
- You will be a vital leader in our efforts to transform the opportunities of our Fellows and deliver outstanding experiences to our clients.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Has a clear passion and expertise in Software Development and DevOps
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative problem solving
- Loves unlocking the potential of others and wants to learn how to do it even better
- Can support younger craftsmen in learning from more experienced team members
- Has a keen sense of how systems enable or hinder personal growth
In this job you will:
- You will lead our DevOps efforts on the product and people development sides. You will ensure thjob atour internal products/software meet industry infrastructure standards.
You will also:
- Be a beacon of visibility into the professional practice of DevOps to all Andela Fellows
- Oversee all aspects of Andela’s internal DevOps practices
- Lead the deployment and distribution of DevOps skills and practices throughout the Andela Fellowship
- Support the development of budgets, cost projections and analyses to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Regularly report progress to department leadership and assess opportunities to improve or pivot.
Whjob atmakes you a grejob atfit for this role:
- The ability to be located in Lagos, Nigeria, Nairobi, Kenya or New York, NY, USA.
- 7+ years building and shipping software products with a DevOps perspective
- Deep understanding and experience of DevOps tools and environments like Unix, Bash, Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Bosh, AWS ecosystem, Jenkins/CircleCI/ConcourseCI, New Relic
- Experience setting up Vagrant or Docker
- Experience setting up and managing a continuous integration or a continuous delivery process
- Experience working in an environment thjob atenforces pair programming and other craftmanship practices
- Experience supporting the learning and development of technology professionals through face to face and asynchronous interactions.
- Highly collaborative with experience building rapport, confidence and trust among all team members.
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online