We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- The main objective of this role is to support the Logistics Manager/ Head of Base in all procurement activities within the ACF Nigeria mission.
- Throughout the procurement process, he/she will prepare an collect all documentation whilst ensuring compliance with ACF procedures, liaise with suppliers on daily basis, conduct market assessments, request quotations, evaluate supplier bids and follow up on procurement authorization, delivery schedules and supplier payments.
- Support Logistics Supply Chain, review and prepare all documentation during the procurement process.Support line manager in negotiating supplier framework agreements and contracts.
- Supervision of Delivery issues.
- A Bachelor degree in Business Administration or Logistics or Purchasing and Supply.
- Certification in CIPS, Supply or Logistics desirable.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Min 3 years’ extensive experience in procurement and/or logistics capacity management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work.
- High level of Integrity and Transparency.
- Excellent people management skills combined with the ability and desire to further develop staff capacity.
- Strong Organization and management skills combined with the ability to coordinate a diverse range of people and responsibilities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate and demonstrate good judgement.
- Possess strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Effective multi-tasking skills with ability to coordinate and handle pressure/ stress well.
- Flexible, able to live and work in a stressful and insecure environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
Application Closing Date
Job Application Method
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.