We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Department: Programs/SMILE Project
Position Band: C-1
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
- The Program Officer (OVC) will be responsible for the management and coordination of the SMILE Program sub-grants with CSOs in Edo and the southern part of Kogi State (S)he will work closely with the State Coordinators(SCs) and Monitoring/Evaluation Officers(MEOs) to ensure project targets are met and documented appropriately.
- (S)he will liaise closely with Finance and Compliance Specialist (FCOs) to ensure proper accountability for project funds.
- She/he will also provide technical assistance and training as appropriate to partners to ensure thJob Vacancy athigh standards of program implementation are provided.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Development Studies, Public Health or Social Sciences; Social Work, or Community Development studies or related field or equivalent degree in humanities.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience related to vulnerable children programming in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of Quality improvement approaches is strongly desired.
- The preferred candidate must be well versed in OVC programming, familiar with relevant SOPs, tools and quality related service standards within the context of the Nigerian OVC response
- S/he should be knowledgeable on NOMIS M&E package and good understanding of institutional capacity building, grant management, service delivery and proposal development.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience working with Civil Society Organizations and other implementing partners.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work closely with CSO partners, government agencies and commitment to network mission.
- Appreciable M&E experience will be an add advantage.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to work with multiple stakeholders successfully and to create linkages between organizations, communities and Government Agencies.
- Willingness to travel and spend over 50% of their time in the field
- Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org