Job Title: Program Officer
Key Working Relationship
- Reports to the Senior Program Officer, Program Manager, Associate Director (AD) and Director, Clinical Laboratory Services.
Major Task, Duties and Responsibilities
- Undergo training and competency assessment according to laboratory requirements. Development and reviewing of checklist, procedures, manuals and training materials for TB QA/QC program.
- Participate in TB panel preparation.
- Participate in the preparation and review of Sites TB EQA panel reports.
- Participate in the activation of TB laboratories.
- Facilitate trainings on HIV rapid testing/sputum smear microscopy, GeneXpert, TB culture, DST and LPA, for Medical Laboratory Scientists and other Laboratory personnel.
- Collate, review reports of the TB laboratories.
- Involvement in the TB logistics management.
- Monitor TB Reference and other supported laboratories.
- Participate in the diagnostics (smear microscopy, GeneXpert, TB culture, Drug Susceptibility Testing, Line Probe Assay) in the TB Reference laboratories.
- Provide appropriate technical support and mentoring to TB Laboratories.
- Track investigation results from responsible labs to ensure thVacancy aty are sent back to the state TB program or treatment centres within turnaround time.
- Ensure that electronic Lab management information systems are functional and up-to-date is up to date job at all levels (State, treatment centre & reference laboratory).
- Ensure pre, analytical and post analytical phases of testing are carried out in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Liaise with other relevant Lab staff to oversee the follow up investigations for all DR TB patients in DR TB treatment centres, ambulatory Phase and community initiation (including baseline DST for patients) and patients in the continuation phase across the country.
- Perform every other duty necessary for the successful implementation of the GF programs and as assigned.
The Program Officer should have the following qualifications:
- A Degree in Medical Laboratory Science (sub-specialty in Microbiology) registrable with MLSCN.
- 3 years’ working experience.
- Work experience in a TB laboratory or related field will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with diagnostic laboratory.
- Maintain confidentiality of patients, patient results and project operations.
- Experience in TB smear microscopy, GeneXpert MTB/RIF, TB Culture, Drug susceptibility and Line Probe Assay tests.
- Must be creative, proactive and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to learn new skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) in English.
Application Closing Date
21st October, 2016.
Job Application Method
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format to the “Associate Director, Human Resources” through this email address: email@example.com Candidates should indicate appropriate position and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.
- IHVN only considers educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
- All applicants must have completed the NYSC or have been exempted according to regulations of the NYSC.
- Only applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.