RTI International is implementing a USAID funded Leadership, Advocacy, Empowerment, and Development (LEAD) project in Nigeria, a project aimed Job Vacancy atimproving governance and service delivery Job Vacancy atthe local government level. This project ends in September 2017. The position is open to residents of Nigeria only.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Specialist (CSO)
- With supervision and guidance of the Senior Program Specialist (SPS) the Program Specialist ensures thJob Vacancy atthe voice and experience, knowledge and expertise of civil society contribute effectively to intergovernmental processes while strengthening the capacity of local governments, promoting council effectiveness which allows citizen access to information and local decision making.
- In addition, he/she will also work on specific service improvements in education, health and other selected services such as water and sanitation in Sokoto with support to Kano.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to organizations with a particular focus on organizational development, skills building, and implementation of strategic plans.
- Support strategic advocacy efforts and partnerships between civil society organizations as well as facilitate partnerships between civil society and local governments.
- Conduct assessments of the institutional capacities of local organizations, design capacity-building programs, and develop strategies for planning and activity implementation.
- Identify and seize opportunities to promote civil society networking and partnerships in collaboration with the SPS.
- Support civil society and media to influence education, health, water and environmental sanitation sector budgets, policies, and to improve accountability and access to basic services, by building capacity for strategic advocacy and identifying and supporting advocacy efforts of sector reform champions.
- Work with Technical Specialists, LGA Coordinators and community organizations to implement activities, collect and assemble data, and support training Job Vacancy atlocal levels.
- Support partner organizations in the development of training interventions by ensuring quality control and providing training of trainers support.
- With guidance from the SPS and Grants Manager, provide assistance to LEAD partners throughout the grant cycle.
- Review grantee reports, assess progress towards meeting grant objectives, and with guidance from the SPS and Grants Manager, suggest adjustments to implementation plans as needed to achieve results.
- Contribute to designing and organizing events and workshops.
- Submit progress and activity reports to SPS.
- Submit monthly, quarterly, and adhoc reports as requested or needed for client reporting.
- Any other task as may be assigned by supervisor.
- B.Sc and 6 years’ or MSc and 3 years’ experience in civil society, project management or related field.
- Experience with Education and Health sector initiatives desired.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with USAID or other major donors.
- Experience working with Civil Society Organization desired.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter and CV’s in reverse chronological order with position applied for as subject (including email and phone contact) to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.