We are seeking to fill Programme Associate (Monitoring & Evaluation) post Job Vacancy atG6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Area Office, Damaturu Field Office and Abuja Country Office. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you
Job Title: Programme Associate (Monitoring & Evaluation)
Reference No: 16-0022438
Locations: Maiduguri Area Office and Damaturu Field Office
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, the Programme Associate (M&E) will provide effective specialized support and technical analyses related to monitoring & evaluation activities to ensure thJob Vacancy atWFP programmes generate quality evidence on the processes, outputs and outcomes of WFP’s food assistance activities on the lives of beneficiaries.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Provide technical support and assist in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on effectiveness of all food assistance interventions (e.g. beneficiary needs and status, food security status, implementation challenges, etc.).
- Support activities related to the analysis of processes, outputs and outcomes data and contribute to improvements in programme interventions enhancing WFP’s ability to demonstrate outcome focussed results.
- Analyse and prepare a range of reports related to monitoring and evaluation activities informing about status of results, lessons learnt and required implementation improvements.
- Perform gathering, recording and analysis of accurate, timely data related to M&E activities ensuring consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support follow-up on monitoring and evaluation findings and recommendations to ensure thJob Vacancy atcorrective actions are taken and/or adjustments are made to programme responses as required.
- Liaise with internal counterparts and external partners and support strengthening of the data quality, accuracy and consistency to build credible performance evidence.
- Support capacity building of national and partner staff in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results.
- Suppport the management and maintenance of M&E corporate systems to ensure accurate reporting.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of M&E operational queries and problems.
- Review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Other as required
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Completion of University degree is an advantage.
A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. M&E, VAM, etc.).
- Has developed programme specific tools for M&E and implemented timely improvement to monitoring systems.
- Has developed reporting formats and dashboards to present programme performance.
- Has observed or assisted with discussions related to monitoring & evaluation activities.
- Has worked with large databases.
- Knowledge of utilization of mobile data collection technologies is an added advantage.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV using indicated link in the main text.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the post requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Please ensure thJob Vacancy atyour application contains accurate and complete information on qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.