We are seeking to fill Programme Associate (Nutrition) posts Job Vacancy atG6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Area Office (1 post) and Damaturu Field Office (1 post). If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you!
Job Title: Programme Associate, Nutrition
Reference No: 16-0022443
Locations: Maiduguri Area Office and Damaturu Field Office
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Nutritionist, the Programme Associate (Nutrition) will provide effective specialized support and technical analyses related to nutrition projects and activities thJob Vacancy ateffectively meet food assistance needs.
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various nutrition projects and activities supporting alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and defined nutrition projects and activities to ensure thJob Vacancy atthe various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis related to nutrition activities and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Perform gathering, recording and analysis of accurate, timely data related to nutrition activities ensuring consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing nutrition project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate nutrition analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the area of nutrition.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of nutrition operational queries and problems.
- Review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Completion of University degree is an advantage.
A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, public health related programmes, etc.).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Has participated in the capacity building activities.
- Experience in managing partnerships.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of Nutrition specific programmes is an added advantage.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV using indicated link in the main text.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the post requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Please ensure thJob Vacancy atyour application contains accurate and complete information on qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.