We are seeking to fill Programme Associate (VAM) post Job Vacancy atG6 level, based in WFP Nigeria, Maiduguri Area Office, Damaturu Field Office and Abuja Country Office. If you are a Nigerian national, committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for people in need, we would like to hear from you
Job Title: Programme Associate (VAM)
Reference No: 16-0022446
Locations: Maiduguri Area Office, Damaturu Field Office
- Under the supervision and guidance of the VAM Officer, the Programme Associate (VAM) will provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities thJob Vacancy ateffectively meet food assistance needs (e.g. support activities related to needs assessment and situation analyses, data gathering and analysis, etc).
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various VAM activities and processes supporting programme design.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure thJob Vacancy atthe various VAM activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools for the monitoring and assessment of food assistance needs in line with innovative methodologies and best practice.
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis related to VAM activities and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Perform gathering, recording and analysis of accurate, timely data (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) ensuring consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of VAM operational queries and problems.
- Review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas Job Vacancy atthe onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required for the Job
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- Completion of University degree is an advantage.
A minimum of 5 years relevant support experience is required in the following:
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
- Has contributed to programme design and implementation.
- Collected and maintained of food security relevant indicator datasets.
- Participated in the food security assessment teams as enumerators.
- Processed datasets and ran analytical routines.
- Has worked with large data bases and has strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems is an added advantage.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri local languages is desirable.
Terms and Conditions
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidate should click on the link above
- Step 1: Register and create your online CV using indicated link in the main text.
- Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the post requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
- You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job.
- Please ensure thJob Vacancy atyour application contains accurate and complete information on qualifications, employment record and language skills.
- WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of our organization.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.