UNESCO is recruiting personnel for the position below:
Job Title: Programme Specialist
Post Number: 6NGCLT0002RP
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Functions of the Post
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Culture and the direct supervision of the Director of the Multisectoral Regional Office in Abuja, Nigeria, the incumbent will lead and supervise the staff of the Culture Unit to ensure the design, implementation and coordination of activities carried out under Major Programme IV (Culture) in the country/countries covered by the Office. He/she is also responsible for building partnerships, ensuring fund-raising and contributing to the Delivering as One exercise in the field of culture in the country/countries covered by the Office, in particular by:
- Ensuring the delivery of the culture programme in the country/countries covered by the Office.
- Facilitating the coordination of the Culture programme Job Vacancy at sub-regional level by providing guidance to the national offices, antennas and focal points of the sub-region in the planning and development of programmes, projects and activities of the Culture Sector;
- Building, maintaining and enhancing working relations with the concerned national/local authorities, cultural institutions and relevant intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Ensuring the required fund-raising in order to reinforce the Regular Programme by mobilizing resources and building partnerships, including with civil society organizations and the private sector.
- University degree (preferably Job Vacancy atMasters level) in the field of culture or social and human sciences.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in the field of culture, of which Job Vacancy atleast 3 years acquired Job Vacancy atinternational level.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing programme work plans.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Proven resource mobilization skills;
- Experience in designing and implementing policies and programmes ;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbally and in writing);A
- bility to build, maintain and enhance working relations with national/local authorities, cultural institutions and relevant intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and teams and to maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural environment;
- Discretion and maturity of judgement;
- Good knowledge of standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Excellent / good knowledge of English and good / fair knowledge of French.
- Relevant professional training in the field of culture.
- Familiarity with the political and cultural context of the region.
- Familiarity with UNESCO’s standard-setting instruments and programmes in the field of culture.
- 115, 300 USD (Annual Salary).
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online