The Governing Council of Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Otto/Ijanikin, Lagos State, hereby announces the position below. In accordance with the provisions of the Section 6 (I) of Lagos State College of Education Edict, and in exercise of its powers as contained therein, the Governing Council wishes to commence the process of filling the vacant position. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below in Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Lagos State:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar who is also the Secretary to the Governing Council, a Principal Officer, is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administrative work of the College.
- He is also the Secretary to the Academic Board.
The Candidate Must:
- Possess a good Honours degree in Arts or Social Sciences while possession of a higher degree and membership of recognized professional bodies will be an advantage.
- Have Job Vacancy atleast Fifteen (15) years post-qualification administrative, academic or professional experience, with a minimum of Ten (10) years Job Vacancy atthe management level or as Deputy Registrar in a College of Education or comparable academic institution.
- Be lCT compliant; and
- Have a good knowledge of Human Resource Management (HRM)
- The candidate, who must be between 50 and 55 years of age as Job Vacancy at2nd October, 2016, shall be a person of high integrity and possess strong moral character with excellent interpersonal relations.
- In addition, s/he must enjoy good physical and mental health.
- S/he must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- S/he must fully understand the complexity of a College of Education system and must be able to effectively utilize its material and human resources to attain an administrative system of global reckoning.
Condition of Service
Appointment is for a single term of five (5) years effective from date of appointment and on such other terms and – conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2016.
How to Apply
1.) Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following:
- Application letter
- Photocopies of certificates
- Candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and other relevant credentials.
The CV must be arranged in the following order:
- Name in full (Surname first in block letters)
- Place and date of birth;
- State of Origin
- Nationality and marital status;
- Number and ages of children;
- Permanent home address
- Primary Secondary and Degrees (including date/class and institution) and/or any other qualifications and distinctions;
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts;
- List of publications (including name of journals in which they are published);
- Other activities outside current employment; and
- Names and address of three referees. Candidates should request each of the referees to forward directly to the Office of the Chairman of Council, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competence, in a properly sealed envelope marked ‘Reference/Post of Registrar’ Job Vacancy atthe top left hand corner of the envelope.
2.) A vision and mission statement for the Registrar of not more than 1,000 words.
All Applications should be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Chairman, Governing Council,
Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education
The sealed envelope containing the application of nomination materials should be marked Application/Post of Registrar Job Vacancy atthe top left hand corner and forwarded to reach the Chairman of Council.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.