We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Analyst – Devices
Job ID: 2016-2137
- Due to ongoing expansion in the Middle East & Africa region, we are looking for a Research Analyst for our IPDS and Mobile phones research for West Africa to be based in our Lagos office.
- The position will serve operations in Nigeria/Ghana as well as support the regional goals and business strategy in the Middle East and Africa region.
- Reporting to the Senior Research Analyst, this role supports IDC’s rapidly growing business in all areas of IT.
- Analyse market dynamics for consumer technologies such as Mobile Phones, Printers, PCs & Tablets in Nigeria/Ghana on a quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of key African geographies and supplier strategies (product strategies, technology developments, pricing and channel strategies) through primary and secondary research.
- Collect and analyse vendor shipment data for these technologies.
- Interface with key industry players.
- Produce high quality reports concerning market assessment, insights and forecasts.
- Become a key analyst interface for our Africa-wide clients
- Work closely with the other analysts in the group in MEA and CEMA regions
- Experience in similar analytical position;
- Relevant work experience in research is strongly preferred;
- Work with large data cuts and databases;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- University Degree or equivalent;
- Willingness to travel- Senegal, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana, other regional countries.
Candidate has to be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding and/or interest in the ICT industry
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work with large data cuts and databases
- Excellent interviewing, writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Excel and other MS office software packages.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online