We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales/Business Development Manager
- The Business Development Manager for the bakery brands and specialty channels will plan, develop and coordinate sales activities to maximize existing sales opportunities and develop new market opportunities for the Company’s bakery brands.
- This position is available to a candidate who lives and work in Lagos and is conversant with the market.
- Maintain and develop business relationships with new and existing customers.
- Develop and implement effective sales plans to meet or exceed the growth objectives of our existing and new customer base.
- Identify and implement go-to-market strategy for new products and programs with target markets and customers.
- Use market and product knowledge to source and develop new accounts through active prospecting, referrals and leads.
- Develop and implement effective sales plans to meet or exceed the growth objectives of our existing and new customers.
- Assist in the development of budgets and sales strategies.
- Provide assistance in the development of new opportunities through existing customers with other sales and marketing colleagues, as well as assisting other team members regarding product knowledge or resource information.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all Bakery products and programs, and a complete awareness and understanding of the competition with regards to markets, products and pricing.
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and ambition.
- Proven success building relationships (and market share) in in-store bakery departments for major retailers throughout Lagos, across multiple classes of trade including (but not limited to) conventional grocery, Eateries, mass and specialty channels.
- Ability to build strong customer partnerships thru effective planning and communication.
- Strong cross-functional leader, capable of partnering effectively with Operations, Marketing, Finance, Product Development and Sales Strategy, etc.
- 7 to 10 years of sales experience working in Bakery and the retail food industry, career progression with major account management experience
- Experience working with both national accounts and independent specialty retailers across all channels of trade.
- Solid merchandising experience and knowledge of Lagos bakery industry/competitors.
- Strong Microsoft Office capabilities with demonstrated ability to prepare analytical documents and presentations, etc.
- A Business Degree is preferred.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Direct sales to designated customers including retailers, delis, bakeries, convenience stores, etc.
- Present new items as well as flyers, pre-sells, and other programs to customer-level
- Provide marketing materials and other ‘value-added’ services
- Process customer returns and credits, as needed
- Be the ‘face’ of Company products job at customer-level
Specialized Skills or Knowledge:
- P.C. literate, proficient in Excel, Word and standard email applications
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Multi-task oriented with focus on management over the telephone with remote supervision in place
- ‘Whatever It Takes, Can Do’ Attitude
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com