Job Title: School Administrator
Job ref: “SA-IK-01‘’
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos State
Job Type: Full-time
- The candidate is responsible for overseeing, organising and managing the administration, support systems and activities thJob Vacancy atwill keep the school running smoothly.
- He/she will serve as the chief administrator of the school in developing and implementing policies, programs, curriculum activities, school facilities and budgets in a manner thJob Vacancy atpromotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member.
- The candidate will commit to promoting effective engagement with parents and community stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration: this includes the day – day running of the school such as: maintenance of buildings, facilities, & school vehicles insurance; ensure stationary and provisions are purchased as Job Vacancy atwhen due, properly disbursed and accounted for; attend to artisans and answer all enquires directed to the school.
- Supervisory: Provide supervisory and management support to all staff of the school
- General Planning: conceptualizes the broad goals of the school and plan accordingly to ensure thJob Vacancy atprocedures and schedules are implemented to carry out the school program.
- General Coordination: ensures thJob Vacancy atthe school program is compatible with the legal, financial and the structure of the school system.
- Enhancement of Personnel Skills: provides activities which facilitate the professional growth of the school staff and enhance the quality of the instructional program.
- School Objectives: Ensure the school complies with all statutory requirements.
- Provide professional development on a range of topics and issues, including, but not limited to: (a) parent engagement (b) help teachers to communicate and work with parents and members to assist in improving achievement.
- Management Representation: represents school management Job Vacancy atmeetings and events.
- Weekly activity report: a weekly report is expected from the person occupying this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Administration or related field (Additional degree would be an added advantage)
Experience & Other Skills:
- A minimum of seven (7) years school administrative experience preferably in an international school.
- Experience should include program planning, implementation, evaluation and organizational support.
- The ideal candidates should be between the ages of 40 – 50 years
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to motivate and work with a team to achieve results.
- A track record of strong interpersonal skills in relating with students, parents, academic & non-academic staff, and colleagues in other areas of education administration.
- Excellent organization, training, coordination and leadership skills;
- Ability to adapt and deal positively with change;
- Ability to build community partnerships and maintain working relationships;
- Proven skills in leadership, group facilitation, coordination, marketing, budgeting, data
- collection and evaluation;
- Ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity and work with a diverse group of people;
- Experience in organising, prioritising and managing time effectively;
- IT skills in areas such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases and the internet;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and respond to deadlines while working on multiple tasks;
- Exhibits the ability to be a creative thinker and self-starter.
Work Days/ Hours:
- Monday – Fridays; 8: 00 am – 5: 00 pm (occasionally on Saturdays).
Salary is between N200, 000 – N250, 000/m.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “SA-IK-01‘’ as subject of mail.
Note: Applicants with similar responsibilities listed above will be contacted for interviews.