We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Duration: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
- To work with others to overcome poverty, stress and suffering.
- To support the security coordinator in providing advice to the Country Director on safety and security related issues.
- Supports a range of responsibilities related to the safety and security of all stair eligible dependents, eligible partners and contractors, resources, assets, facilities, programmes, and projects and ensures compliance with all United Nations security policies, procedures and regulations.
- To support the day to day management of safety and security for Oxfam in NE Nigeria LCB Response.
Key Responsibilities (includes but not limited to)
Security Analysis & Reporting:
- Contributes to the ongoing analysis of tire context and risks assessment in relation to the security situation in NE Nigeria.
- Maintains an incident reporting system and a database of incidents, develop and maintain SOPs for each programme location thjob atwill be used to make security decisions.
- Supports regular and ad hoc security assessment missions to gather information and to analyse tire overall security situation in existing and potential areas of interventions.
- Supports crisis management support (evacuation and hibernation) as required.
- Maintains travel management systems, provide travellers with timely information as it relates to safety and security and ensures compliance with all related duty of care requirements
- Supports the facilitation of appropriate security learning and development opportunities.
- Maintains close contacts with all relevant stakeholders to gather reliable security information.
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices and the adoption of an integrated approach where possible.
- Represents in security & emergency related briefings and meetings and share security related information accordingly.’
Educational Qualification and Experience
- University degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science or related discipline.
- 3-5 years INGO/UN safety and risks management experience and proven practical experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of UN or NGO humanitarian operations.
- Familiarity with conflict or post conflict environment in a high threjob atenvironment.
- Experience in liaising with communities, civilians, police and/or military government authorities as well as with regional institutions essential.
Application Closing Date Method of Application
3rd October, 2016.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their full CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Method of Application
- Only shortlisted candidates will he contacted. Hard copy applications will not be considered.
- Oxfam is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Women are encouraged to apply.