We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, Operations and Logistics
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
About Deworm the World Initiative
- The Deworm the World Initiative enables governments to eliminate the public health threjob atof intestinal worms through school-based mass deworming programs.
- We advocate for school-based deworming to policymakers and provide technical assistance to launch, strengthen and sustain programs targeting all at-risk school-age (and sometimes preschool-age) children.
- The program is delivered through a multi-tier training and distribution cascade, whereby all levels of government, from national to local, are engaged to ensure treatment of school-age and preschool-age children in all at-risk areas.
- To perform general procurement, logistics and cash disbursement duties for Evidence Action in Nigeria
- The position holder will also be the point person in managing government disbursements and returns for the Deworming program in Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage and monitor programme transport vendors to deliver training materials, tablet poles, programme trainers, and other related programme deliverables to the right programme sites
- Co-ordinate the purchase of programme promotional materials e.g. banners, fliers, T-shirts, bags etc.
- Maintain healthy relationships with vendors and service providers such as transport companies, hotels, training venues and other vendors relevant to Programme Implementation
- Develop customized programme budgets to be used for implementation of cascade activities
- Send out relevant budgets for specific activities ahead of receipt of funds and execution of activities to the counties and sub counties
- Ensure states and LGAs report back expenditure of the funds in conformity with Evidence Action Financial policy and guidelines
- Coordinate all the government disbursements and returns for the deworming program in Nigeria.
- Maintain filing records of all financial transactions within the organization in an orderly manner.
- Prepare disbursement request forms for all government payments and attaching all required supporting documents.
- Disburse cash payments as per the financial policies of Evidence Action.
- Keeping track of staff expense accounts including reconciling the same and sending their statements by 15th of the subsequent month.
- Support project staff and government representatives in processing their returns while attaching all required supporting documents.
- Ensuring all staff and government advance accounts are zeroed out.
- Ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness in the processing financial information.
Key performance Indicators
- Tracking of all Government and staff advances
- Keeping records of all staff and government returns
- Ensuring all logistical support for the program
- Ensuring all procurements are in line with Evidence Action procurement policies and guidelines.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Logistics or a closely related field from a recognized university.
- Experience in managing community based programs.
- At least 3 years of experience performing responsibilities required for the position and demonstrating progress in the role.
- Audit experience and managing of grants is desirable
- Strong team leader and player
- Excellent communication, high computer literacy levels and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will be expected to work from Abuja with regular travel to various states.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online