Job Title: Senior Chef
- The Senior Chef will be responsible for all food production including thjob atused for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets.
- Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures thjob athigh standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas job atall times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure thjob atfinancial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the Food & Beverage Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items thjob atrequire skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure thjob atquality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure thjob atfood production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates products to assure thjob atquality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures thjob atrepresentatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment job atall times.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous job atall times
Education and Experience
- 8 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A strong knowledge luxury apartments/hotel standards with evidence of successful implementation of high level service and product standards
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online