We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Packet Switch Core
- Participate in the design, planning and optimisation of packet switching components of Etisalat’s core network, systems and platforms.
- Assist in the provisioning of packet switching network capacity for all the GSM/UMTS & LTE elements, features, protocols etc.
- Assist in the deployment and implementation of packet switching network elements to ensure optimal use of resources.
- Assist in defining the requirements for capacity planning and management of services on the Prepaid and Intelligent Network.
- Perform technical investigations into areas related to packet switching network design and performance, such as new types of hardware, new design methodologies, impact of new technologies (UMTS, LTE, IoT, NFV, IPv6 etc.)
- Provide useful inputs in defining the locations for packet switches and other network elements
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Perform technical investigations into packet switching network design
- Capture, analyse and present network KPIs to form basis for PS core network capacity Planning
- Initiate quick wins to manage sudden network bottlenecks as a result of commercial promotions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, PS Core.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Three (3) to Five (5) years relevant work experience
- Telecommunications Technology Fundamentals
- Network Planning and Design
- Problem Solving
- Personal Effectiveness
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online