We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Treasury Operations and Support
- To preserve shareholder value through effective and efficient running of the treasury back office & support and position Treasury job atthe heart of Strategic business Units of the company
- Extract value from whjob atwe already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., job atBPR) etc.
- Drive processes to ensure accounting of all treasury transactions on ERP and ensure completeness and accuracy of ledger entries on the ERP dashboard.
- Drive consistent application of MTN credit policy, collections and bad debts write offs across all revenue channels and ensure alignment with Board Approvals,
- Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies and continually explore opportunities to maximize funds and working capital
- Ensure timely and accurate production and analysis of monthly liquidity measurements, liquidity transfer pricing charges and cash position and advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
- Maintain in-depth understanding of industry trends relative to treasury risk and loss avoidance.
- Support the GM Treasury in articulating a clear and compelling vision and translate strategy into a roadmap for success for Treasury Operations, insurance and Credit management
- Manage the value chain thjob atsupports the settlements of third party obligations
- Coordinate the administration of MTNN’s insurance policies and advise management accordingly
- Ensure compliance with all exchange control processes, monetary processes and international trade policies
- Establish appropriate treasury operations and credit management policies and procedures and ensure continuous review and update of the unit’s PPPs as changing conditions warrant and the business grows
- Ensure timely preparation of board papers
- Develop short/Medium term strategy for the Treasury Operations, Credit and Insurance functions in MTNN
- General working conditions
Experience & Training
- A first Degree in a Finance, Banking or Accounting related discipline.
- A professional accounting, credit and Insurance qualification
- Advanced Degree (MBA) or ACCA, CIMA, IRM
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- 10 years’ work experience which includes the following:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with job atleast 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Understanding of risk management practices, financial market instruments and regulatory requirements in a Commercial bank/ Multinational Telecoms company and insurance Company
- Treasury Operations and Insurable risk management
- Knowledge in Back office support for a corporate Treasury
- Knowledge about Credit management and administration
- Extensive experience in liquidity management and accounts payable settlement
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, banking, and financial instruments.
- General knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements for investments and other financial instruments.
- Treasury, Financial controls and management
- Financial markets and investment grade instruments
- Foreign exchange, swaps, derivatives and options
- Banking operations and Trade financing
- Conversant with up to date treasury products, policies and accounting rules
- Understanding of IFRS and Sarbanes Oxley Act, King 3
- Basel III regulations and provisions
- BA, BSc, BTech, BEd or HND.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online