Job Title: Senior Project Manager, Construction
- The Project Manager is to ensure completion of projects on time within agreed budget and to agreed specifications through co-ordination of all activities associated with a project.
- Charts out the project objectives and plans, performance requirements and selects project participants.
- Performs a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Oversees the project from start to finish.
- Works to ensure thJob Vacancy atconstruction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Devises the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Optimizes the utilization of resources- labour, materials and equipment, ensuring their procurement Job Vacancy atmost cost-effective terms.
- Creates the teams, develops the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Projects accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Implements various operations through proper coordination.
- Identifies the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Works to ensure project documents are complete.
- Maintains strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodically inspects work sites.
- Monitors the progress of the work activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Co-ordinates the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which includes the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and labourers etc.
- Develops effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants on the project.
- Liaises with the clients and reviews the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Communicates effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of first degree in Project Management, Civil Engineering, Building or other relevant discipline is required
- MBA or masters in relevant field is an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince II.
- Minimum of 8 years cognate experience in related field with Job Vacancy atleast 3 years in a managerial role.
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Quality control
- Knowledge of industry and business
- Logistics management
- HSE management
- Work Scheduling and planning
- Initiative and creativity
- Customer/service focus
- Organisation and planning
- People development and management
- Problem solving
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2016
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.