The ‘Seeing is Believing’ (SiB) programme is a three-year comprehensive child eye health initiative thJob Vacancy atwill be implemented in four clusters – Oyo, Osun and Ogun States (cluster 1); FCT, Nasarawa and Plateau States (cluster 2); Kano, Jigawa and Katsina States (cluster 3) and Akwa Ibom and Cross River States (cluster 4). The programme comprises promotion, prevention, curative and rehabilitation/education components of child eye health. Programme implementation will be in a consortium with Brien Holden Vision Institute. In addition to leading the consortium, CBM would also implement the programme in clusters 1-3.
CBM’s Country Office, Abuja, is now inviting applications for the position of:
Job Title: SiB Programme Finance & Administration Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria (with travels to the project sites)
Contract: November 2016-March 2020 (6 months probation)
- The SiB Programme Finance and Administration Manager will manage a team of financial officers, and oversee grant and financial management, administration, human resources and compliance activities.
- S/he will be responsible for the financial performance of SiB programme and for ensuring compliance with donor and CBM requirements.
- S/he will provide leadership in developing tools for successfully administering and controlling the programme budget and providing financial analysis of the projects performance to inform decision making processes.
- The SiB Programme Finance and Administration Manager will report directly to the SiB Programme Director.
- Establish subcontracts and monitors payments, spending, and close-out of subcontracts, including amendments as needed.
- Prepare requests for changes in subcontracts budgets and resulting amendments. Ensures compliance with donor requirement and applicable CBM policy and guidance
- Inform SiB project staff and implementing partners of SiB and CBM administrative and financial requirements and expectations and monitor compliance
- Manage the cash-flow position of SiB programme
- Develop and reviews financial management system and tools
- Develop/disseminate financial guidelines and controls adherence
- Provide 2nd level approval of all agreements with financial commitments (contracts for project/office supplies and services, and other relevant financial transactions)
- Prepare budget analytic documents and expenditure forecasts and amendments
- Coordinate annual external audits, works with partners to develop management response and action plan, and monitors implementation of plans
- Undertake regular support field visits to local team and partner field offices to assess the financial systems in place, verify thJob Vacancy atfinancial management and operational systems of partners are being implemented appropriately, and make recommendations for improvements where appropriate.
- Develop and prepare accurate and timely financial reports and prepares ad hoc reports as needed for budgeting and planning purposes. Prepares financial analysis of programme performance to inform decision making processes
- In cooperation with programme officers, ensures thJob Vacancy atproject partners have necessary cash-flow to implement the programme and thJob Vacancy atrequest for funds are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Promote a cost-consciousness culture and practice and advises staff and partners on best financial practices.
- Provide assistance to SiB programme team and partners as needed
- Prepare and facilitate training sessions on grants management, general accounting, internal controls and administrative systems.
- Ensure thJob Vacancy atissues are identified and followed up with partners in a timely manner and thJob Vacancy atkey deliverables are completed
- Explore with consortium members and implementing partners ways of ensuring value for money, for example by purchasing items jointly and sharing transport costs
- Draw lessons learnt in terms of finance / compliance and share regularly with partners throughout project implementation
Administrative and Human Resources:
- Ensure compliance with relevant local regulations and internal policies
- Manage all matters related to project operations and administration, including all project/programme human resources,
- Recruit, supervise and develop capacity of finance and administration officers
- Oversee travel arrangements and monitor travel expenditures,
- Work closely with CBM Country Representative in purchasing and/or maintain adequate health and other insurance policies, etc.
- Ensure outstanding organization (and confidentiality) of HR, financial and administrative files,
- Contextualize CBM human resources guidelines and policies to country situation (recruitment, compensation, training, etc.
- Manage SiB project staff payroll and ensures adherence to tax and labour laws and practices
- Establish SiB programme procurement standards and guidelines and ensure compliance
- Coordinate procurement process
- Other relevant assigned duties, as necessary
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. The candidate must be a chartered accountant, certified by a local accounting body
- Knowledge of programme administration
- Knowledge of Navision or any related programme management and accounting software is an added advantage
Relevant Work Experience:
- Experience with grant administration and/or compliance (institutional and private donors)
- Demonstrated experience in managing and controlling large budgets, with preference for previous experience working in a consortium.
- Experience of compiling financial reports for international donors Experience of leading a team in a collaborative working style
- HR and procurement experience
- Well versed in financial management, accounting, controlling and calculation methods
- Experience of working in a financially-oriented role in the not-for-profit-sector, ideally with an international NGO
- Experience in managing external audit and monitoring implementation of recommendations
- Working experience in insecure environments
- Following security and safety protocols
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to think and solve problems creatively
- Strong project management and time management skills
- Highly organized and details-oriented
- Ability to set and revise financial and administration policies and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and accountancy software and Navision
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Managing change
- Developing others
- Managing performance
- Technical expertise
- Fluency in spoken and written English, including public speaking. Fluency in spoken and written French will be an added advantage.
- The position is open only to Nigeria nationals
Application Closing Date
2nd October 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit, in English via email, a meaningful letter of motivation, a CV, copies of diplomas, three professional referees and salary expectations quoted in Nigeria Naira to “Human Resource Unit” to: firstname.lastname@example.org