Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Finance Analyst
Job Reference: SCFA/09/2016
Location: Port Harcourt
Functional Areas: Finance
- The Supply Chain Finance Analyst reports to Manufacturing Finance Manager/Logistics Finance Manager/Cost Ac, OH, OPEX & CDO Finance Manager.
- The job holder is responsible for ensuring thjob atfinancial data are accurate and reliable and routine reports are timely prepared, all variances are determined on time and explained in order to provide support with process improvements and decision making.
Other Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Own and Manage the information required for Supply Chain Overheads (Production + Logistics), verifying results and preparing reports, statements and submissions.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports related to Production & Logistics Overheads:
Perform the following assigned daily activities:
- Daily Cost center and cost element coding review to reduce the incidence of frequent reclassification journals.
- Review all Raw materials usage variances in production to reveal huge variances for explanation.
- Review to ensure spares parts are not directly posted to general cost centers instead of internal orders.
- Review of postings to line specific cost centers in to ensure direct postings are not made to them;
- Execute the order reports for Plant Maintenance, Vehicle and Customer Asset Manager and review the reasonableness of postings by maintenance planners and storekeepers.
- Review of Plant Maintenance and Customer Asset Manager orders for input of activity quantities – Hours.
- Review of Petty cash document for completeness.
- Daily tracking of vendors bills in database/Cost Control – via daily tracking and monitoring.
- Approval of all assets movements to other locations/plants.
Perform the following assigned weekly activities :
- Review all RMs usage variances to ensure all posted variances are allocated to produced goods.
- Check and ensure correction of all error logs of production execution orders.
- Review the settlement rules per order for correction and update.
- Business Loss highlights
- Review with other plant management team with agreed action plan
- Every Monday – Plant performance tracker to Head Office Supply-Chain finance with evidence of review with the plant management team – every Monday – Generation of production reports – Volume, Yield, Breakages etc. compare with standard and escalate as appropriate.
- Monthly payroll approvals – Overtime, shift allowance and staff deduction.
- Communicate with the plant management team (Production + Logistics) for any updates thjob atmay affect financial results.
- Provide Risks and Opportunities to Finance after meeting with the plant management team.
- Provide inputs for Annual Business Plan and Rolling Estimate.
- Ensure adherence to company policy on annual vacation management.
- Strong participation In the monthly Rolling Estimate and Annual Business Plan (ABP) process.
- Work closely with Production & Logistics departments.
Prepare and share routine reports:
- Weekly Energy cost tracking using cost driver report – Provide variance analysis in terms of Price, Volume and Mix (usage);
- Daily review of postings to cost centers for abnormally large amounts.
- Weekly issuance of debt notes to Head Office for breakages & AGO used by third parties for deduction from their bills.
- Lead weekly expense review(Monthly Expense System), correction and analysis of balances therein with other plant management team.
- Ensure weekly generation of Vendor Management System consumption Goods Receipt Note and ensure appropriate Goods Received Note reference number and Purchase Order number are indicated on the invoice before dispatch to Head Office.
- Weekly review of Goods In Transit report to ensure all in coming goods are captured via Goods Received Note.
- Weekly analysis and review of ‘Other Indirect material expense escalate negative trend and send report to Head Office Supply-chain finance.
- Daily tracking of sundry sales within the plant and depots – Sugar bags, empty drums, bad pallets, used nylon etc.
- Ensure the distribution of raw water balances to respective department in line with SAP processes and procedures. – Monthly
- Tracking provision for obsolete raw materials, finished goods, accidental breakages staff bad debt, etc.
- Monthly report to Head Office Supply-Chain finance.
- Lead the plant management in financial operation review before the Supply Chain leadership:
- Weekly review of plant financial variances to gain full understanding and drive change
- Collate, verify, and review all monthly standard accruals before submission to head office.
- Lead the process of maintenance of a valid purchase order for raw water, AGO, PMS, and Natural Gas.
- Lead the process of monthly stock count, review, reconcile, obtain adequate explanation for stock differences and advise Head Office for booking.
- Monthly Coordination of plant Audit Committee report on remediation status to HO Internal Audit.
- Active participation in supply chain meetings/activities (Production & Logistics programmes):
- Liaise with Production, Quality, Logistics, Engineering, other Finance Sub departments in order to ensure proper overheads accounting and explanation
- Provide strong, clear financial input into project work and ad hoc requests for information.
Get fully involved in implementing relevant SAP/GERS Change Management Actions:
- Attend all required training on SAP and develop self on SAP continuously in order to respond to business needs.
- Review current processes and design new/more efficient ways of utilizing current data to provide meaningful reports to senior management. Only candidates who meet the advertised criteria,will be shortlisted and contacted
Desired Candidate Profile
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, related field or equivalent.
- Possession of ICAN or ACCA will be an advantage.
- Candidate must have job atleast 7 years work experience
The job holder must be:
- Proactive, mature and results oriented.
- Demonstrate professionalism, numerical and analytical skills, good inter-personal skills.
- Have a strong knowledge of supply chain services and manufacturing operations to be able to carry out thorough review and analysis of data with a view to presenting value adding information to management.
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online