If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TA Emergency Communications Specialist, P-3
Job Number: 498231
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
Purpose of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Chief of Communication, the incumbent will support a wide range of communication and public advocacy work focusing on the emergency in northeast Nigeria, including media engagement and the preparation of external communication materials.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- Support the Communication Section by:
- Preparing and sharing appropriate and timely materials with National Committees and the UNICEF Department of Communication – across digital, social media, video, stills and feature stories; this to include research and writing, as well as editing photographs, stories, blogs, and field diaries supplied by UNICEF staff
- Monitoring the situation for input to key messages and Q&As and keeping all such materials updated and accurate
- Coordinating writers, photographers and videographers contracted by the Country Office
- Prepare and distribute required communication and visibility materials for existing donors and materials for potential donors
- Supporting UNICEF Nigeria social media presence
- Supporting the preparation and execution of visits by media
- Supporting the preparation and execution of visits by National Committees
- Supporting the maintenance of a log of media interviews and clips conducted by the Country Office
- Monitoring media for and log mention of UNICEF Nigeria and relevant stories about Nigeria
- Scanning traditional and social media to search for new platforms / opportunities for UNICEF to pitch stories about the crisis in North-East Nigeria
- Supporting Nigeria Country Office non-emergency communications as required
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations (or an undergraduate degree plus job atleast 5 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.)
- 5 years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
- International and national work experience.
- Background/familiarity with emergency situations.
- Excellent English, both written and spoken, is required.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online