We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Operations Leader
Job Number: 2739793
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business: GE Corporate
Business Segment: Corporate Finance & Operating Components
- The role will focus mainly developing a proper tax compliance framework for the businesses operating in Nigeria. Candidate will also support tax operations across sub-Sahara Africa as required
- Understanding the operations of the business, policies & procedures, and accounting records to ensure correct and timely compliance with tax legislation.
- Assist with the preparation and/or review of corporate income, value-added-tax, withholding tax, consumption tax, payroll tax reconciliation and/or stamp duty returns prior to filing with tax authorities.
- Assist with preparation and/or review of corporate income tax estimates to ensure thJob Vacancy atprovisional/advance tax payments are accurate.
- Perform controllership tax checks including reconciliation of all tax liabilities in terms of tax assessments received from the revenue authorities with tax returns filed and deal with discrepancies.
- Assist with tax audits and work with external tax advisors where required.
- Preparation of correspondence for queries/disputes with revenue authorities.
- Attend operational pulsing calls and summarize key achievement, next steps to the team.
- Participate in the enhancement of ERP systems to facilitate tax compliance.
- Identify risk areas which can impact on the timely and accurate compliance with tax laws and use the appropriate communication channels provided by the project framework to escalate issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Business/ Finance/ Accounting/Tax.
- 3 Years in finance
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Nigerian tax system including the local documentation and filing requirements.
- Knowledge of Nigerian GAAP.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter with a commitment to meet deadlines and able to take ownership.
- Wanting to work in a dynamic environment with a positive attitude towards change.
- Ability to learn quickly the internal business processes and apply tax knowledge in the preparation of tax returns.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player who is able to work closely with the accounting, corporate, VAT and business tax and finance teams.
- Strong PC skills, experience with ERP and reporting systems.
- Willing to travel throughout Sub-Saharan Africa
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- MBA / MSc in Finance desired
- University level degree and GE FMP graduate
- Corporate Finance skills required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online