We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor – HIV SMILE Project
Location: Abuja, F.C.T
Department: Programs/SMILE Project
Position Band: D-1
Reports To: Technical Director-SMILE
- The Technical Advisor, HIV will be responsible for working closely with the SMILE technical team to achieve the strategic objectives of the program – focusing primarily on HIV Prevention, Care and Support, but also supporting cross-cutting themes and integration efforts across the project with other areas of OVC programming including Household Economic Strengthening and Nutrition.
- S/he will lead the planning and capacity strengthening efforts while putting in place operational strategies for achieving project aims, results and performance expectations through adherence to high standards of programmatic and management quality.
- S/he will provide technical and programmatic leadership primarily in the areas of HIV prevention, care and support for project community members including SMILE beneficiaries.
- S/he will be responsible for implementing strategies designed to strengthen the linkages between the community-based activities and health facilities providing HIV diagnosis, care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- S/he will also support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CSOs, CTBC case managers and community volunteers in the area of community HIV prevention awareness creation; community mobilization for HIV counseling and testing, PMTCT, Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) and improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities.
- In addition, s/he will support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed Job Vacancy ataddressing HIV risk behaviors, HIV transmission, and gender-based violence with a focus on adolescent girls and young female caregivers.
- The TA HIV will utilize approaches thJob Vacancy atsupport integration and maximize country and community-ownership.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- MBBS/MD and/or MPH with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in implementing community HIV Prevention, Care and Support programs
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Experience in supporting community HIV Prevention, Care and Support prevention, case detection and treatment support programs in health facilities and community outreaches
- Experience in contributing to project design and proposal development in the HIV/TB/Health sector for USAID/PEPFAR programs.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation and reporting HIV Prevention, Care and Support activities
- Good knowledge of Government of Nigeria HIV Prevention, Care and Support guidelines and experience working with the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) 7. Familiarity with OVC and community HIV Prevention, Care and Support programming and principles.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org